[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi

Hi

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi

Postby Niki d » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:42 pm

Just wanted to hello to you all, I am 47 and have had fibromyalgia for 12 years now I also have psoriasis and psoriatic arthopathy. I am on a cocktail of drugs but still spend most of my time in agony. I seem to have hit an all time low at the moment, really down nobody really seems to understand so I thought I needed to have some contact with others with fibromyalgia as I feel we are the only ones that really understand.

Everybody asks you how you are but before you have a chance to tell them you feel as c**p as you always do they tell you how well you look!
I thought I pretty much had my head around it all after 12 years, but I can't have or else I would be feeling like I do now. My skin is really bad at the moment which make things worse as its really painful.
Any way your all gonna thing what a right moaner I am, but how can you feel so alone when your surrounded by family and friends.
Niki d
UKFM Member

Re: Hi

Postby denys » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:54 pm

Hi Niki and :welcome: to the forum, I've edited your post, just put a space in between your paragraphs and altered one word we have some very young members so have to watch what we post :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway dont worry about moaning its what this forum is for and yes loads of us have been in that lonely place, you've got us lot now and hopefully we can make you feel more like smiling. There's loads of info on hee which might help explain things to your family and friends such as 'one for the non believers' and the 'spoon theory' look forward to getting to know you better :hugs: :hugs: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:05 pm

:wave: welcome to the forum. this is a wonderful place to vent and to have a laugh. how are you spending your saturday night? i'm living the high life as usual, in bed at 7 with some [chocolate] :lol:

:hugs: adele xx
Last edited by Adele on Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:07 pm

hi niki :wave:
we do live in our own little world of pain & it is hard for others to understand.
its good to have you with us, and don't ever worry about having a moan
its good to get it out :hugs:

just join in :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :flowers: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:17 pm

:wave: :welcome: aboard Niki. Buckle up, hold on, scream and enjoy the ride :clap: :clap: :clap:

I've been battling FM for 11 years, and still haven't got my head round it either :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: Just as it seems like I've got a grip on things, something else appears that throws me off course yet again :yikes: :yikes:

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Hi

Postby Niki d » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Thank you all for your kind words, it's just so good to know your all there. I have 3 sisters who also have fibromyalgia 1 who is bed ridden and 1 who has it to a lesser degree and my younger has it mostly in her top half of her body. But they don't have they don't have the other conditions I have, but we tend not to talk about it much it seems to take such an effort to deal with our on problems that you don't wanna tell them yours as you already know their having a hard time.

Niki
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:55 am

:welcome: to the forum Niki. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:39 am

:wave: Hi Niki and :welcome: to the forum, glad to have you with us, look foward to speaking. :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello