[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Do you think I could have FM?

Do you think I could have FM?

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Do you think I could have FM?

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:53 pm

Hi
:fingerscrossed: the pregablin help, they can take up to 4 weeks to kick in so you might no see a difference straight away.
Glad to hear your gp will be sending you to see a rheumy. :goodluck1: keep us updated.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby bricheno » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:05 pm

Hi All
Been back to the docs again - he hadn't put through the referral ! Nightmare. All this waiting for an appointment that hadn't even been requested yet. He'd even put the diagnosis on screen as FM.

Anyway, blood tests showed antibodies low but all other areas ok. Got to have an ECG now as heart racing (think that's more from the amitrip) Waiting again for the referral to rheumy.

The pregabalin were a nightmare so stopped them - even worse than the gabapentin. Would rather work through the symptoms I have than have a load more from meds side effects!

Saw other doc from the practice today and she was lovely - tested some tender points and I nearly jumped off my chair, can still feel them like bruises. Pleased I have a good GP practice at least :D

So.... apart from the frustration of no appointment I'm also relieved not to have to fight for my GP support. I know some are not so lucky.

Today is a reasonable day. ankles still bad in a morning, aches are always worse trying to get up but hey ho aren't we all ! Head still aches, muscles constantly feel like I've overdone it but I keep pushing. Some 'good' days I do too much and feel lousy the next day, but if I do nothing then I'm siezed up by the next day! Are we always in a no win situation?

Maybe I need to learn to pace myself more!
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 pm

:facepalm: :facepalm: :fingerscrossed: you wont have to wait to long for your app. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:18 pm

From me too, :fingerscrossed: things start ot hapen for you :flowers:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby bricheno » Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:17 pm

Have got my appointment through - 4th July... will let you know how I get on.

Thanks to you all for your ongoing support :D
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jun 12, 2011 6:58 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1: :goodluck1:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:33 pm

:fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2: :goodluck2: for your appt.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:27 pm

yes it all drives ya mad :crazy:
as if we haven't got enough going on and always feel like crap anyway :roll:

hope things get sorted soon for you :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby bricheno » Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:44 pm

Afternoon all

Just got back from rheumy apt and finally been confirmed as having FM.

He was very sympathetic really and was full of advice but all the usual stuff I've read anyway. At least now I've got a name for what I've been experiencing, just a shame there isn't a cure but then I guess you all felt like that too when you were first diagnosed.

He's going to change my amitriptyline to something that sounds similar but starts with a 'D' - forgotten the name already! I've decided not to take any other meds for day time as I'd rather deal with the symptoms I already have, not all the side effects I've experienced! The amitr. was the only one that did anything for me anyway.

So it's ongoing physio as usual and pain management, only now for the whole of me and not just my neck and head!!

Feel a bit of relief from finally getting a diagnosis, but at the same time on a downer as there's not a lot can be done about it.

Need chocolate!
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:58 pm

Here's some [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate]

Glad you finally got a dx, it's pretty usual to have the sort of response to the dx like you have, I think it's the realisation of what it definitely is and what it means :tongueout: :tongueout:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tonydin » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:05 pm

Today is a reasonable day. ankles still bad in a morning, aches are always worse trying to get up but hey ho aren't we all ! Head still aches, muscles constantly feel like I've overdone it but I keep pushing. Some 'good' days I do too much and feel lousy the next day, but if I do nothing then I'm siezed up by the next day! Are we always in a no win situation?

Maybe I need to learn to pace myself more!bricheno
UKFM Newbie

hi so pleased you have dx at last what you wrote above is exactly how i feel ,, belive me its better to have some one state what it is even if no cure at moment ,,, alll these people just like us ?? makes you wonder just what is going on dosent it

cheers
tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Postby bricheno » Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:31 pm

Afternoon All

Feeling a bit down - like you said, it's the realisation that this isn't going to disappear overnight. I spent a lot of time last night thinking about the events from the end of 2009 when this all first started and the only conclusion I came up with was that I just don't recognise the person I am now. I was always fit and active, a little 'power house' my husband called me, now it all seems like I'll never be that person again. I worry that my husband won't love me anymore cos I'm not that person he married... don't get me wrong, he's been totally supportive through the whole thing, but surely it must cross his mind when we can't do all those activities we enjoyed.

Sigh... how do all your other halves deal with it?

Plus, anyone have any experience of trying to lose weight again after being on these stupid meds? I'm not taking gabapentin or pregabalin, will try the new one that starts with 'D' (??) when I go back to docs but I've put on a stone with the others so hoping this new one won't be the same!

Sorry to be a bit miserable :(
bricheno
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Don't worry about being miserable, we all understand how you're feeling as we've had our own experiences of it.

As for how our partners cope with things, I went thru what FM is with my OH in a general sense, then explained how it affects me specifically. He's good with it now he's had proper training :clap: :clap: He knows that the best I can do is take things bit-by-bit, day-by-day, so that's how we do it. If I'm reasonable, then great :mrgreen: :mrgreen: But if I'm lousey then we just go with that and make the best of things.

It will take a bit of time to get used to things and find the right/best way that's right for you and your OH to do things, but with a bit of trial and error you will find your way.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Previous

Return to Where to Say Hello