[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello there

Hello there

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello there

Postby CarolineM » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:06 pm

Hi there, I'm Caroline. I'm 35, married for 15 years and we have four children - 12, 10, 9 & 3. My husband's in the RAF, so we chose for me to stay home with the children, but before that, I worked as a nanny, nursery nurse and PA. We live up in Northumberland and absolutely love it here :)

I was diagnosed with FMS back in November last year, but I've not felt healthy for years. At the moment, I'm struggling to get over my worst ever flare up and am worried I'll struggle on our holiday in a couple of weeks. I can't wait for the sun though!

I look forward to making new friends here and getting lots of useful advice :)
CarolineM
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello there

Postby loubie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:23 pm

hi Caroline :wave: :wave: :wave:
nice to have you with us
you do have your hands full with 4 children, it must be hard especially when you are in a flare.
please stop worrying about your holiday, the more you worry the worse you will be :yikes:

your holiday will be fab, so look forward to it
and just think of the sun and all the nice rest, i am looking a bit like this :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
but I'm not jealous :wink: :lol: :lol:

anyway good to have you with us :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby CarolineM » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

LOL! There won't be any opportunity to rest - we're going to hit the parks in Orlando! Still, I'm looking forward to it and have got supplies of pain pills at the ready.
CarolineM
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:00 pm

ow WOW that will be fun fun fun all the way then :lol:
remember to pace your self as much as you can and you will be fine
have you got some flight socks ?
i would recommend some
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:39 pm

:wave: Caroline :welcome: to the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: world of FM

I'm not at all envious of your upcoming jollibobs at all, I'm not I'm not I'm not............................OK maybe I am just a teeny tiny bot :clap: :clap: :clap: Hope you have a lovely time and the FM behaves itself as much as it can while you're away.

Nice to have you on board, by the way :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby CarolineM » Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:46 pm

Thanks. It's good to be here.

This is our first proper holiday since our honeymoon, so we're really looking forward to it! The kids are at about the best age range right now - Lily's 12, so not too cool to go yet ;), Liam's 10, Ruby's 9 and Blue's 3 1/2. Blue is really looking forward to seeing all the "moving toys" and has been practising some role play, so we can get her to stand with them for pictures! Ruby is an adrenaline junkie, and I'm not! I might be able to force myself to go on the teacups! Liam has an autism spectrum disorder, so I'm a bit wary of how he'll react to the potentially chaotic environments and situations, but we have tried to plan and prepare as much as possible.

Did I say I can't wait for some sun? :lol:
CarolineM
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:39 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
I went to to the parks in 99, it was great, lucky for me it was pre fibro, its very tiring, my youngest was 9 at the time and got on all the rides much to his delight :lol: . I am sure you will have a great time, enjoy. Dont forget to pace though. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello