[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - flare ups

flare ups

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

flare ups

Postby traceywatson » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi i'm new here although had fibro for about 7 years. I am also diabetic and had the flu jab last sept and since then I seem to be in constant flare up. Things that i would normally do like massage and exercise normally help but this time nothing seems to be working. How long do your flare ups last and has anyone had a similar experience after the flu jab. I am 39 and have started having hot flashes yet hormone tests are normal. Any girls experience the same?
traceywatson
UKFM Member

Re: flare ups

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:17 pm

:welcome: Tracey
As this has been going on since last year it might be that you fibro is worsening, this is what happens to me, i find i never recover i just get more symptoms and go downhill no matter how hard i try to fight it.

You might find that your body has got used to your meds if you have been on any for a long time as after a while they lose their effect so maybe a change in meds might help.

I have the flu jab every yr, it affects me for a couple of days but thats all.

I have found this winter really bad pain wise, its the worse my fibro has been.

Hope your pain eases soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:24 pm

Hi Tracy and :welcome: to the forum, I have hot flushes am 51 but all my blood tests show I'm not even perimenopausal yet :facepalm: :facepalm: and have been told its due to my fibro, you need to go to your docs and explain about your new symptoms I am always ok with my flu jab (I also have diabetes) :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:28 pm

hi, i am 35 and started getting hot flushes about a year ago. i am used to the hot flushes now and they have been put down to the fibro. i dread the menopause though!

:hugs: adele
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:15 am

Hi Adele, I went through the menopause at 41years of age and glad to say its finished, dont worry about that, its nothing compaired to this, my mum had nothing going through it, one day it just stopped with her, everyone is different.
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello