[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New to Forum, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

New to Forum, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New to Forum, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby jmarley » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:17 pm

Hi everyone, My name is Julie and I've just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I decided to join this forum because I felt I needed some support cause I know that my close family don't understand what I am going through on a daily basis, the worst thing for me is the constant fatigue and pain, I knew for years that there was something wrong with me, but I could never get a diagnosis because the doctor wasnt sure what I had, but now I've finally been given a diagnosis after 20 years of suffering, I am currently taking tablets, but feel they arent working.
jmarley
UKFM Member

Re: New to Forum, just been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia

Postby shazq » Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:23 pm

:welcome: to the forum Julie. :wave:
Any questions just ask, we are a friendly bunch on here so you have come to the right place, look forward to chatting with you. :wine:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:37 pm

Hi Julie and :welcome: to the forum, glad you've found us :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 4:46 pm

:welcome: to the forum Julie :wave: :wave:

There is a lot of advice and support on here, and we try to help each other as much as we can.

The meds thing can be a niggly thing as there are various things to try in different combinations, so it can take a while to find the right recipe that works for you. I've put a linky on the NHS pages about FM and the meds used for it.

Maybe there is something on there that might help you.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:36 pm

hi julie :wave: :wave: :wave: :welcome: :flowers: :flowers: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Annafaith » Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:08 pm

:welcome: to the forum julie we all understand here look forward to sharing things with you .
:hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :flowers:

Anytime you :needhug: just come on here. :wink:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Tue Apr 19, 2011 10:06 pm

:welcome:

Which meds are you on? Some can take a while to kick in, my amitriptyline made a difference quite quickly but my GP said it generally takes at least 4 weeks for people to notice an effect. If you've been on something a while it might be worth seeing if you can try something else, or to increase the dose a little.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby topcat7007 » Wed Apr 20, 2011 1:36 pm

I have recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. I am in pain every day all day. I have been to the doctors quite a bit recently to try and get suitable pain relief and am currently banging my head against a brick wall :( I have another appointment this afternoon and I am seeing a different doctor, one of whom I have not seen about my condition. I just hope that she will actually prescribe stronger pain relief as I can't cope with this pain. My consultant who diagnosed my condition has written to my doctor to advise that I could be prescribed patches. I am hoping that something like this will be prescribed later this afternoon. I am suffering with severe pain and weakness/stiffness in my neck, arms, hands, legs. My legs are so bad that I am loosing balance and have fallen :(

Can anyone give any advice about applying for DLA? In particular to if you have claimed? Were you successful or not? What additional information did you provide?
topcat7007
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 20, 2011 3:20 pm

shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby jmarley » Wed Apr 20, 2011 5:50 pm

Thank you everybody for your kind welcome, I am taking amitryptilline, but I've been on them for a couple of years now, I also take those for depression cause I've tried other depression tablets and they didnt really work for me, I have been to the doctors today and I've finally been given some stronger painkillers Tramadol, I'm going to see what they are like then I've got to back to doctors in a months time, it'll give my doctor time to get the report off my rheumatologist, I've asked to have pain management but there's a waiting list for that, so in the meantime ive got to just take the painkillers and hope for the best. My fatigue is getting worse, and I'm finding it increasingly more difficult to do things around the house, I'm glad I have a partner that can do everything if I'm not feeling myself :D
jmarley
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:07 am

:goodluck1: on the tramadol hope they work for you. :hugs:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:47 am

Hi Topcat and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri Apr 22, 2011 8:17 am

:welcome: to the forum Topcat. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby topcat7007 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:39 pm

Thank you to all for the welcome :lol:

It's nice to see that this is such a friendly place to meet people who also suffer with fibro. I hope that you have all had a good easter x
topcat7007
UKFM Member

Postby angelina101 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:54 pm

hi topcat and welcome.ive recently joined on here and only recently been diag with fibro.def try for the dla.i went to the citezens advice bureau yesterday n she helped me fill the whole thing in. im on tramadol but dont find it does a lotfor me.hope it works for you.ive been on drug called pregabalin but it not been doing anything so dr changed it today to nortryptaline so will see how it goes.good luck topcat.xx
angelina101
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello