[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello

Hello

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello

Postby Hybrid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:33 pm

Hello,
I'm new to boards and not sure how to do this or where to put it. I came down with FMS suddenly 2 years ago.
I am going to Addenbrookes Pain Clininc in May. I wonder if anyone has any tips. I'm not very confident at the best of times and I worry I will smile and say everything is alright when it is far from it. My experience of rheumatologists so far is not great. How should one talk to doctors?
Hybrid
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:35 pm

:wave: and :welcome: to the forum.

It can be daunting when talking to drs for even the most confident of people, let alone when you're unsure and worried. When I go for appts, I tend to write things down, from symptoms to questions I needs answering. This helps with remembering what I need/want to know, plus, if I find myself in a position where I'm struggling to get out the things I want to say, I can pass the sheet to the dr to look at, who can then take things from that and carry on.

When I speak to drs, I personally find it's better to be honest and as to the point as possible, giving clear answers. I know this can be difficult tho, esp when you're seeing someone you haven't seen before, or find difficult to speak to.

There is a lot of info on here, if you have a look round you could find some more useful things. Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Hybrid » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:07 pm

How do you say "my bones hurt" without reference to anytone else?
Hybrid
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:43 pm

When you say "my bones hurt" is that how the pain feels to you?? The way I describe my pain is that it's hot and throbbing all the time and feels like it goes right thru to the marrow in the centre of my bones. Is that the sort of thing you mean?? Altho the pain is in the muscles, ligaments etc, it can feel as if it is bones that are hurting as well.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:15 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:55 pm

Hi and :welcome: to the forum :goodluck1: with your appointment
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:31 am

:welcome: to the forum. :flowers: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello