[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - frustration,frustration,frustration !

frustration,frustration,frustration !

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

frustration,frustration,frustration !

Postby diane1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:12 pm

I have suffered from Fibro for 5 years and Post Traumatic Stress for about 7 years. It was the PTS that they think sparked the fibro. I have managed to hold my job down for the last 7 years although it has been a struggle and I did have to reduce my hours. I managed to recognise when I was going to have a bad period and tried to rest more.

For some reason probably an accident I had last year the fibro has become worse and I havent been able to manage it at all. I am now not working and am looking at being dismissed from my job after working there for 25 years .I dont want to sit at home all day but the pain is so bad and the medication makes me even more drowzy and my brain more muddled. My skills id developed to counteract my memory problems in work are no longer working as i've got worse.

I have started to trace my family tree which I can do at my own pace and keeps my brain active. Its been so hard going from having a demanding job as a manager for the government to sitting at home watching day time TV. I cant go out on my own in case I fall which happens regularly plus I dont have the energy either. I am hoping to learn to pace myself again and have had to accept that I will loose my job.

To add to the stress of the fibro I have the battle of trying to secure either an early retirement or pay off. To add even further its good old ATOS who complete the medical reports for this so bye bye any pay out. The ATOS reports ive had done are sooooo poor I could have written better myself. They are factualy incorrect as far as fibro is concerened.Luckily my union are paying for a private rheumatology report which we plan to use and also challenge the ATOS report as far as I can.

Wish me luck I need it. :fingerscrossed:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Re: frustration,frustration,frustration !

Postby denys » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:15 pm

Hi Diana and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you the support you need and :fingerscrossed: for your rhuemy report.

I've moved your post to 'where to say hello' as I think you will get more hits in here :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby diane1 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:39 pm

I forgot to introduce myself before so here goes;

Bubbly(not any more) blonde, married with 3 children and 2 step children aged from 20 years to 9 years. I live on the Wirral and would also like to talk to others in the area or join a group if theres one out there. I'm trying to stay positive but some days its so hard just like all of you out there.

Anyway any help advice would be appreciated.

Di :clap: :grouphug:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi Di I'm from the Wirral too, there is a group but I'm not having much luck contacting the person who runs it, I live in Bromborough :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby cherryblossom » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:43 pm

Hi Diane. So sorry to hear of your predicament, I wish you all the luck you need. It can't be very nice for you at all, I'm so sorry for you. But on the plus side you are going to try and do your family tree - I have been doing mine for a while now and am sometimes addicted to it, I find it so fascinating, I'm sure you will enjoy it too. Anyway, loadsa gentle :hugs: :hugs: to you and take care.
Cherry :blowkiss:
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:02 am

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:18 pm

Hi Diane and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello