[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - New from Manchester

New from Manchester

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

New from Manchester

Postby Gill76 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 3:05 pm

Hello all,

My name is Gillian, I'm 35 but was diagnosed with hypermobility when I was 20. I asked my GP to refer me back to a Rheumatologist as the aches and pains just seemed to be increasing and I'd had enough. She referred me and my appt was this morning. She confirmed the HMS and then told me she thinks I have fibromyalgia. Came as a bit of a surprise but it makes a few things clearer!
Diagnosed HMS - 1996 ~ Diagnosed Fibro - April 2011
Gill76
UKFM Member

Re: New from Manchester

Postby denys » Wed Apr 27, 2011 4:55 pm

Hi Gillian and :welcome: to the forum hope we can offer you the help and support you need :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

New from Manchester

Postby Hjp75 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:22 pm

Hiya I'm 36 and a few years ago I was told I have hypermobility also but was given a few weeks physio that's it nothing since. I came across the name fibromyalgia while researching my symptoms I spoke to my GP she is going to do test but it take soooo long :(
Hope your well xxx
Hjp75
UKFM Member

Postby Gill76 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:46 pm

Thank you both for the welcome!
Diagnosed HMS - 1996 ~ Diagnosed Fibro - April 2011
Gill76
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu Apr 28, 2011 6:27 am

Hi Gillian and :welcome: to the forum, look foward to speaking to you. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum Gill. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby mojack » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:03 am

hello :D im mo....im new here 2..just browsing trying to see how it all works lol...I to have hypermobility eds and fibromyalgia..im afraid the list doesnt end there tho :roll: ..b :roll: but i wont go on...glad to be on board and have chats and learn perhaps from eachother some new ideas on how to deal with our health issues!
mojack
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:10 am

:welcome: to the forum mo. :wave: :wine:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:46 am

:welcome: to the forum Mo :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Hi Mo and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Alaskapops » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi Gillian
I have fibro for 17 years and have only just lately linked hypermobility with this as have just read a book called hypermobility , fibromyalgia and chronic pain by Hakim , Keer + Grahame and now it all makes sense! :o
I can recommend this as part of management of these conditions , can be purchased on Amazon :D
I have now developed Osteoarthritis in both thumbs becauses of the hypermobility in these joints and have corticosteroid injections which do help and wear thumb splints during flare ups
There are leaflets which you can download from arthritis research uk free of charge when you go on their website to do with joint hypermobility syndrome dont know how to do a link so perhaps someone can help me with that :?
Hope this helps :grouphug:
alaskapops :cat2: :cat1:
Alaskapops
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:53 pm

I think this is the linky you mentioned alaskapops :wave: :wave:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby mojack » Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:44 am

thanku peoples :wave: good to meet u all...id love to chat but cant quite work out what im doing....so bare with me tehe...add stupid to my list haa...well hope to chat soon... :fingerscrossed: :wave:
mojack
UKFM Newbie

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:11 pm

:welcome: to the forum mojack. :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby ciderpig122 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

Hi :wave: I have Hypermobility & Fibro too, amongst other things :crazy:

I must say though, it is a little party trick bending my thumbs behind my hand and watching all the girlie girls go EWWWWWW, well worth the pain afterwards LOL :mrgreen:

xxx
Fibromyalgia, Elher Danlos Type Hypermobile, OCD, Asthma, PTSD.
Im not ill, I am just special :D
ciderpig122
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Where to Say Hello