[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi :)

Hi :)

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi :)

Postby LoLoPop » Wed May 04, 2011 1:37 pm

:wave: Hi everyone,

Im Lorraine, im 29 n a mum to 2 young children. Ive recently been told by my GP that she thinks i have Fibromyalgia. :( Its been a long process but it explains alot. Anyway, just thought i'd introduce myself :) Look forward to getting to know you all !! :twodrinking1:
LoLoPop
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi :)

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed May 04, 2011 1:43 pm

:wave: Lorraine :welcome: to the forum.

There is a lot of info on here, hopefully you'll find some of it helpful. I've moved your post into Where To Say Hello, as I think you'll get more responses.

With you saying your doc thinks you have fibro, are you waiting for anything like tests/scans or an appt with someone else to confirm the dx??

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed May 04, 2011 1:45 pm

hi lorraine :wave:
welcome to the mad house :lol:
have a good look around.
good to have you with us :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby LoLoPop » Wed May 04, 2011 1:54 pm

Hiya, and thanks!! :)

This has all been going on for almost 3 years now, since i had my son. When i was pregnant i'd get the odd aches and pains which i just put down to pregnancy but after he was born, i suffered with other problems which doc thought was Crohns... For the last few years now ive had test after test - 2 colonoscopys, capsule camera, gasrtoscopy, blood tests for caeliac, osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis but all come back negetive... Gasto have now put those symptoms down to severe IBS and doc told me the other day when i went about the pain (again) that she thinks i have fm.
The thing is though, my mum has fm and has for the last 10 years. So im not sure if doc using that as an easy diagnosis to stop me moaning lol.
i know a bit about the condition anyway bcos of my mum but when i was reading up after doc told me that,it all started to fall into place.... Everything over the last few years ive constantly gone to the doc about (migraines, sleepless nights, severe fatigue, stomach problems, and the pains - which are ridiculously hard to explain to someone who has no idea) are all part of fm...
She gave me co-codamol (but i dont want to take them) and 10mg of amitriptaline (sorry sp) which i also unsure about taking.... I HATE taking anykind of medication really. But my keeps telling me that i need to take the painkillers.... It just sucks that i have a life on painkillers tolook forward to! Im only 29 and feel 69!! :(
LoLoPop
UKFM Newbie

Postby Schnoodle » Wed May 04, 2011 3:44 pm

Hi Lorraine welcome. sorry to hear you may have fibro but hopefully you will find support and advice on here xx
Diagnosed with severe fibromyalgia/cfs febuary 2009.
Schnoodle
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed May 04, 2011 4:29 pm

:welcome: to the forum Lorraine :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Wed May 04, 2011 4:34 pm

Hi Lorraine and :welcome: to the forum sorry you have fibro but glad you have found us :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Annafaith » Wed May 04, 2011 6:57 pm

:wave: and :welcome: lorriane look forward to talking to you :flowers:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby budda » Thu May 05, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Lorriane :wave: and :welcome: to the forum. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby lsl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:58 pm

hi
i know what you mean, its a condition that is very hard to explain to anyone :x :x , you find they look at you strange or say yeah i get that as well :evil: , when you know its nothing like you get.
in terms of the co cods i know what you mean, if you dont take them your in pain, if you take them you wonder what day it is.... also the relief is only mild
all i can say is its more trial and error, what works for you may not work for everyone.
i have found the support on here helps, there is always someone to talk (type) too

i hope you feel better soon, although some days you feel on top of the world and others feel like you been hit by a truck.

all the best

lee
lsl
UKFM Member

Postby RickyPonting » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:45 am

I am here to say hello to all of you people.I am Adam currently completing my studies.My degree is realted to the management and I want to become that VP or AVP of a recognized Financial Instition.Every one has his own define goals in life but my goal is some what differnt from others.Regarding my health,I am too week and recently joined the Gym to gain weight.I love to do skating,chatting and Jamming.I am a new member of this forum and I don't know what you people think but I really find this site very useful for gaining plenty of Information.
RickyPonting
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:45 am

Do you have, or could have Fibromyalgia Adam, as this forum is for those living with and affected by the condition. I've looked at your posts and you haven't mentioned anything about FM, all you've said about is taking various supplements and meds as well as exercising to lower cholesterol. If you'd had a look thru the forum, you would have very quickly discovered that exercise, exercise, exercise is not a suitable approach for us as it can bring on a flare which leaves us feeling worse for varying amounts of time.

It would be interesting for you to share any experiences you may have where FM is concerned.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby pixiepixie1982 » Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm

hi,
this is my first post - just wanted to say we sound very similar with been diagnosed just after pregnancy. my symptoms were really bad during my pregnacy and then thankfully improved for the first few months . it was intersting to hear your situation was slightly different. my mum also has FM so i know a little about the illness.

just wanted to say hi & good luck x x x x x x
pixiepixie1982
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:07 pm

:welcome: to the forum pixie :wave:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello