I May have FM

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

I May have FM

Postby Jo75 » Thu May 05, 2011 8:32 pm

Hi I've been having alot of ongoing muscle pain, bone Pain, exhaustion, confusion, these are just a few of the problems. I had Hyperparathyriodism and had 2 to 3 glands removed a year ago, prior to that was told I had CFS, until they found I had high calcium levels. Then January this year I'v gone down hill and now in my 6th week off work because of the pain and exhaustion. Endocrinologists say I have low vitamin d and have got me taking vit d oil daily along with low dose amitryptaline at night and low dose citopram of a morning, if nothing has changed when I go back in 12 weeks they'll look into it further but having been told my calcium levels are ok and all bloods are fine I'm beginning to think its FM.
To make matters worse I have recently found out that my partners mother is telling People I have 'Munchausens Syndrome' I am so angry and disgusted I don't know what to do.
Jo75
UKFM Newbie

Re: I May have FM

Postby denys » Thu May 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi Jo and :welcome: to the forum, we couldnt possibly say whether or not you have FM but would say go back to your GP and ask for a referral to a rhuematologist. FM can take a long time to diagnose due to the crossover of symptoms with other conditions.

I would tell your mother-in-law to stop spreading rumours and when you know what is wrong she will be the last person to find out, tell your partner to sort her out, no wonder you are angry :fingerscrossed: you get a diagnoses soon :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Thu May 05, 2011 10:36 pm

hi jo :wave:
welcome to the forum
denys is right ask for referral to rheumatologist
that is a very nasty thing your mum in law is saying, has she nothing better to do
than to make some one else miserable.......tut tut.....
anyway its good to have you with us :wine:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Jo75 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:43 pm

Thank you for your reply; i forgot to mention that prior to my high calcium levels being discovered i was referred to a rheaumatologist who said i had FM; because all the parathyroid issues arose after that i took it that this had been causing all my problems! :banghead:
And FM has been put on my sick certs along with Hyperparathyroidism. So confused, but i must say that the symptom i have now are completely different to when my calcium levels were up. :dunno:
Jo75
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Thu May 05, 2011 10:52 pm

jo you could be in a flare up
and the more you get stressed out about it the worse it will get
try and relax, take your meds and try and pace anything you do
hopefully it will settle down soon :fingerscrossed:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Jo75 » Thu May 05, 2011 10:59 pm

Thanks loubie :wave: she obviously doesn't have anything better to do with her time.
I never thought that something could be so debilitating, and because on the outside you look ok people think your making it up. My arms and shoulders are giving me so much pain, just taken another paracetamol and my nightly amitryptaline :crazy: in hopes i will get some sort of sleep tonight :snore1:
Jo75
UKFM Newbie

Postby Jo75 » Thu May 05, 2011 11:04 pm

loubie, am i right in thinking that the length of a flare up depends on the person? do you know what causes flare ups? :D
Jo75
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu May 05, 2011 11:13 pm

Flares vary person to person in both intensity and duration, unfortuantly there is nothing 'normal' regarding FM which is why its such a difficult condition to treat :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Fri May 06, 2011 2:05 pm

Jo - your MIL sounds like a treat :shock: - I'd recommend getting your DH to read her the riot act and telling her not to disrespect his wife.

My father's mother used to tell lies about my Mum too but people saw through them. My Mum and I have a very pronounced white line around our upper lips, especially the bit which goes V shaped under the Philtrum. My father's mother spent years expressing the view that my Mum was 'weird' for drawing such a white line on her face, my Mum insisted it was natural. She took great delight in showing me off as a newborn with my identical white line. Of course her MIL insisted she was weird for putting make-up on a baby less than a week old but by then everyone had realised she was being :crazy: and ignored her.

People quickly realise when people are talking nonsense so don't worry, I'm sure extended family/friends will know you're telling the truth :hugs: - as if Drs would operate on a healthy person for no reason!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello