[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Does this nightmare end? newly diagnosed

Does this nightmare end? newly diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Does this nightmare end? newly diagnosed

Postby justcoping » Fri May 06, 2011 3:53 pm

OMG, does this nightmare end? after fainting in a restaurant back in september for no obvious reason, pain in neck, collarbones arms, legs, feet yep you name it followed, then very quickly i must add, compared to some of you on this forum, i was diagnosed with FM.....It is awful!!!!! my whole life seems to be changing, i can't do what i want to do, because of the pain and fatique!! I kept saying i will beat this, and kept fighting against it, but 9 months now and i feel like giving up the battle, because that is what it feels like!! a battle!

i am new to this site, having stumbled on it and whas wondering how you all cope or do you have suggestions, I also found today a support group which i hope to attend next week, just knowing there are so many others feeling the way i do.....helps.

i want to cry...but cant and i dont know why!

i just want to say hello all, i'm having a bad day.................and i know just because i haven't got a plaster or walking on crutches, anything visible to show ...............you will all understand what and how i am feeling xxxxx :|
justcoping
UKFM Member

Re: Does this nightmare end? newly diagnosed

Postby motherelephant » Fri May 06, 2011 5:31 pm

Hello Just coping and welcome to the forum ,they are a great gang on here and will help you in anyway they can .
We all have up and down days ,have you had any referals ?,say to the pain clinic .Fibro is all about learing to know your limits ,if you have a good day don't go rushing and try to do everything you possibly can .Pacing is the thing .It can take you some time to learn to do this but when you do it will help.Try to keep positive ( I know this is hard ) the forum is here to help
Sending you a great big cottonwool hug Motherelle x :welcome:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Fri May 06, 2011 8:29 pm

hi justcoping :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: love the name :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
have a good look around, you will find a lot of answers to the questions runing round
in your head :crazy: :crazy:

good to have you with us :wave: :wine: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 06, 2011 9:08 pm

:wave: justcoping :welcome: to the forum.

I hope it will help you to know that what you're thinking, feeling sand going thru at the moment is something that a lot of us have experienced. When you're told you have FM, there is an awful lot to get your head round, from the way it affects you and your life to the fact that it has no cure, just ways to manage it :shock: :shock: :shock:

Altho it doesn't go away, the nightmare does get less scary with time. When you've gone thru the different bits where you ignore it, try to fight it, despair at what it's doing to you, go back for a reminder of the previous things you've gone thru, you get to to the part where you realise that FM is now a part of your life, reluctantly accept it and start to live with it.

The way we tend to cope is to take each day as it comes, even breaking it down into bits of each day if needed. To do things, we pace ourselves and try to make sure we take plenty of breaks between things so we don't make ourselves too uncomfortable.

Have a look thru the boards as there is a lot of info and advice, anything you want to know just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Fri May 06, 2011 9:13 pm

:welcome: there is a lot to take in but you will get there, just take it day by day.
Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby justcoping » Sat May 07, 2011 4:52 pm

hi,

thank you all so much, dont no if i have done this right posting reply! think i will get the hang of it

but thank you all for your kind words and thoughts,

having a good day today, even washed hair put on face paint!!! wow, felt like me, also did a bit of retail therapy, only a little tho,
dont know if that was to pace myself or the use of my credit card!

now going to put feet up with a lovely cup of coffee, thank you all again.
feel so much better having found this site, it has so many answers to questions that are racing round my head

:wine: :D
justcoping
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sat May 07, 2011 5:12 pm

hi :wave:
glad your having a good day
it makes all the difference feeling and doing something normal for a change :D
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Annafaith » Sat May 07, 2011 9:37 pm

:wave: justcoping and :welcome:
Hope you find this forum usefull :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :blowkiss: :grouphug:
Annafaith
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 07, 2011 9:55 pm

It's always nice to hear when someone has a good day :clap: :clap: :clap: Keep taking things a the right pace for you ans hopefully you'll have more of them :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby justcoping » Sun May 08, 2011 1:17 pm

hello all,

second good day starting, roots done! weeeeee and war paint on, god its makes you feel better, just going to plant sale at local village for bit more retail therapy.

thankyou motherelephant..... no i havent had refer yet to pain manage but will seek that from gp, cant take anti inflam's due to kidney disease, so at a bit of lose end for pain killers, allergic to anything with coedine in so a bit of a mystery really.

thankyou too to annafaith welcome and hello to all moderators!

wishing all FM sufferes a really good day xx :grouphug:
justcoping
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello