[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello there I'm new waiting to see the rhumatologist.

Hello there I'm new waiting to see the rhumatologist.

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello there I'm new waiting to see the rhumatologist.

Postby Jane stevens » Sat May 07, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi there everyone. Iv been suffering pain since 1997 and only just now getting to the bottom of things . Iv had 2 brain scans had lots of blood tests which have all recently come back normal, my GP says it's prob fibromyalgia but have to wait for my appointment in July. My symptoms are getting worse especially the last Few months, they thought it was restless legs but the neuro said prob not, she also says it is not neurological but physical. Iv been tested for lupus, MS, RA& nerve damage but they can't find anything wrong. I have pains in all different parts of my body legs feet hand back head everywhere but not always altogether, most mornings I wake early hrs stiff neck by the morning it's like iv been set in cement, I can't sit or stand for long periods of time, I can however walk about, as it sometimes sorts out my restlessness in my legs which is worse at night, during the day I keep myself busy and try to put the pain aside, but recently I can't yesterday was such a bad day and felt like a broken old body. I have been put on tramadol as gabapetine made me feel awful. I need to be alert as I have a 4 yr old and run my own business from home. I'm just tired of saying I'm tired and in pain, my husband says he understands but I don't think he does, or it's he is trying to keep me strong by keeping everything normal, I just need to talk to people who know and understands the full impact of this horrid pain. Iv been told by my GP to do low impact excersise walking swimming and bike riding some days I can't find the energy to do it, on good days I feel free. I'm so worried and scared. Thanks for listening . X
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Re: Hello there I'm new waiting to see the rhumatologist.

Postby loubie » Sat May 07, 2011 5:35 pm

hi jane :wave:
this is a terrible illness and affects people in lots of different ways.
if you do have fm, then you have already been dealing with it for a long time.
just take things easy and do what you can when you can, try not to stress
as that makes it much worse.

only exercise if you feel you can because that can make it worse if you push yourself.
i am on gabapentin and yes it dose make you feel :swear1:
but try and stick with it, it dose were off
my morning stiffness is much better.

its good to have you with us jane
and there is always some one on here to have a chat with :wine: :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby Jane stevens » Sat May 07, 2011 6:02 pm

Thank you loubie. I still have the gabapentine maybe I will give it another go, I dread the morning thing, as it takes hrs to settle a little. Your right by saying iv been dealing with this for a long time. It's just I never used to get morning cement setting lol before , only the last few months. It's so nice to be able to share this with you . Iv never heard of fibro before a couple of weeks ago. Hope your ok and thanks again x
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat May 07, 2011 7:25 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jane. :wave:
You should try a memory foam topper for the morning stiffness, they are a great help, you can buy them cheaper online than in the shops for around £40.
putting a duvet under your sheet will also help.

Write all your questions and problems down for the rheumy as we always forget when we get in there :facepalm: brain fog sets in :clap: :clap: also try to take someone with you so they can take info in for you.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sat May 07, 2011 8:54 pm

hi jane
it is good to have others to chat to that are going through the same as you :D
i would say defo try your gabas again.
hope the doc put you on a small dose so you can build up slowly
they do make you feel real funny but it dose were off as your body
gets used to them :yikes: :D

as shaz says memo mattress is very good :fingerscrossed: with the gabas
we are always here so if you need us you no were to find us :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 07, 2011 9:02 pm

:welcome: to our little club Jane :wave: :wave:

I've not experienced the joys of Gabapentin yet, but from what I gather on here, it can make a difference to people once the yucky side effects are out of your system.

There is lots of advice and info on here, and we try to help and support each other.

The exercise thing can help, you need to take things gently and build up what you can do and how far you go little by little :penguin: :penguin: :penguin:

Like shaz has said, memory foam mattress/topper or putting a duvet under your sheet can help with the sleep/stiffness side of things as well.

Anything you want to know, just ask as there's usually someone around to try and help :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Jane stevens » Sat May 07, 2011 9:07 pm

Thank you all so much it's so wonderful to have people who I can share all this . Thank you for the advice. I will try the gaba again. X
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Postby mrjolly1 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:56 am

Gabapentin gives me huge massive uber cravings for food lol , as for tramadol I would never take it again as it one of the worst painkillers for side effects and according to the missus it " turned me into a total A**hole". :yikes: I would never take tramadol ever again.
mrjolly1
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Tue May 10, 2011 5:54 pm

Hi Jane and :welcome: to the forum, cant add anything to the good advice you have already been given, just to say we are always here for you when needed :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Wed May 11, 2011 2:45 am

Hi Jane :wave: and :welcome: to the forum :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby chopper » Wed May 11, 2011 4:35 am

:catrun1: :welcome: :welcome: hello Jane and welcome, I agree with you about feeling comforted by this little group of people who understand what we all in through and don't get bored or fed up or uncomfortable with our constant pain and many different symptoms. I love my daughter to bits and I know she loves me but I sometimes think she doesn't believe some of the symptoms are fibro related. Like yesterday I could hardly use my mobile because my fingers were twitching and when I said they were caused by fibro she couldn't see why. Also sometimes when I say I forgot something, which happens a lot, she gets annoyed.

Sorry I have gone on rambling away, I do that often you know. Thank goodness for fm forum I say.
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby Jane stevens » Wed May 11, 2011 5:18 pm

HI chopper I understand forgetting things lol I do it all the time, last night I put the bath on and then did the hoovering forgetting the bath, I got there just in time but it had gone cold . I give up telling my lot I hurt as they just say oH . I just don't talk then they know what's going on. I can't wait to go see the rhumertologist but they have now changed the appointment for the end of July what a bummer that was, they didn't even say sorry just oh there is no clinic it's been cancelled. I'm sure these people would be a little more polite if they were going through this torture. That's my moan over . :cup1: take care hope your day is a good one today. X
Jane stevens
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello