[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Just been diagnosed

Just been diagnosed

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Just been diagnosed

Postby Debzie » Fri May 13, 2011 3:45 pm

Hi there im Debbie i am 43 years old have 4 children work part time and have just been diagnosed as having fibromyalgia.
I have been suffering with lead like feel in arms for years but Dr fobbed me off and said there was nothing wrong . Recently i have been in severe pain in shoulders and unable to move arms without severe pain . After several trips to the hospital and seeing several different drs i finally have an answer as to what is wrong.

Big thing being tho is that i was given Amitriptline to take at night and sent on my way . I have to return to my dr in a month to let him know how i am getting on ... I have been off work for the last week and been in pain every day..........Is this what i will be like every day or will i experiance flare ups and have good and bad days?

I only have the information i have found myself on the internet but am hoping by joining this site i will get advice and support from people that are going through the same thing .... I would love to hear from anybody out there that can help me and be there to chat when things get me down ..

Look forward to hearing form you xx :lol:
Debzie
Debzie
UKFM Newbie

Re: Just been diagnosed

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:27 pm

:wave: Debzie :welcome: to the fibro club.

We have a lot of advice and info on here, and do our best to help and support each other. Have a look thru things, you could well find some answers to questions you're wondering about. Anything you want to know, don't be afraid to ask as there's usually someone around to answer.

One thing you need to know about on here, :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: is an absolute must, as is liking [chocolate] [chocolate] and wine, as they tend to be the answer to everything :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby zippy » Fri May 13, 2011 4:56 pm

Hi Debzie :wave: From what I have seen on here since my recent arrival (sounds like there was a calamity when I arrived :mrgreen: ) it seems that there is no steady pattern. for example, I haven't been allowed to return to work since last Auguct. I am hoping my Dr will sign me fit to work sometime in the next 2 months.

Sadly my attempts at trying to convince them to allow me to return haven't been helped by the fact I am a female version of Frank Spencer :oops: :mrgreen: I even fell over in the Drs car park. One minute I was there, talking to my hubby over the roof of the car, the next I was gone :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: He came rushing round and asked what happened and I just said "oooh i dunno, one second upright, next second facing concrete :? "

So sadly, it is very different for each person I think :hugs:
zippy
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 13, 2011 11:46 pm

Hi Debzie and :welcome: to the forum :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Sun May 15, 2011 12:56 am

:welcome: to the forum Debzie :wave: look forward to chatting to you. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

hi debz
good to have you with us :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 15, 2011 7:45 pm

:welcome: to the forum debzie :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Debzie » Fri May 20, 2011 10:48 am

:wave: Thanku all for your warm welcome
Am learning to cope slowly and am getting plenty of info from this site . Work has been a real struggle this week and am finding it hard to cope with the pain . Also have been on amitryptine for a week now but ohhhh my god i dont like how it makes me feel in the daytime and im still waiting to get a good nights sleep :cry:
Debzie
Debzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:18 am

Glad you're finding the site helpful Debzie :wave: :wave: It does take time to get used to what FM means for you. The best thing people find is take it day by day, listen to what your body is telling you and do things only for as long as you feel you can without making yourself feel worse with breaks in between.

Have you told your employer about your dx and given them some info about FM to help them understand things?? If not, it would be an idea to let them know, they should then check things out and make any necessary adjustments you need to be able to do your job.

Are the amis making you feel sort of groggy during the day?? Some people have found that taking them an hour or 2 before they go to bed as it helps with sleeping and can reduce the grotty feeling the following day. The amis can also take a while to get into your system and start to take effect, as you've only been on them a week you may need to give them a bit longer to feel their benefits :grouphug: :flowers:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Debzie » Fri May 20, 2011 6:44 pm

:wave: Hi yes i have told my employers and they have been really great and have made a few small changes to help me at work .The trouble is i work in a kitchen and have to serve hot food to customers. It has been a real struggle this wk and then when i got home today i had to do the food shop . My 11 yr old son helped me but i feel so guilty about this. I havent really explained fm to the children but i think i need to . I do have a partner but we dont live together and i dont think he realises how fm is making me feel .
I am finding it very difficult to come to terms with my fm :cry: and keep hoping that i will wake up pain free but it hasnt happened!!
This site is a real help tho and i have been scrolling thru the posts and am getting some good advice and info.
Its the wknd tomorrow so no work therefore im hoping to have a chilled out few days
Thanks for all ur kind messages :flowers:
Debzie :grouphug:
Debzie
Debzie
UKFM Newbie

Postby budda » Fri May 20, 2011 9:46 pm

Hope you have a lovely and pain free weekend Debzie. :hugs: :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello