[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - new to this

new to this

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

new to this

Postby hazelflower » Tue May 17, 2011 9:32 am

hi everyone, my name is hazel I am 53 years old live in wales and i have recently been diagnosed ( if you can call it that ) with fms. Im feeling lost and a bit of a fraud and not sure how to deal with this thing....its something and nothing. !!!..i am frustrated at myself with not being able to cope, when my life is so easy compared to some and I could do with with some helpful freinds on here to show me the way...part of me wants to fight like crazy and stop being such a victim and the other part feels sorry for myself...oh and then theres the pull yourself together, stop moaning girl and get on with life bit of me !!! looking forward to meeting you all on here and hearing your experiences..lots of love h x
hazelflower
UKFM Newbie

Re: new to this

Postby chopper » Tue May 17, 2011 9:57 am

:wave: hiya hazelflower like you I am 53 (for another week) and only recently joined this lifesaver of a forum. I was diagnosed a few months ago and went through all the same emotions as you. I hope you find this site as helpful as I have. There is always someone on line for a chat :welcome:
chopper
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Tue May 17, 2011 10:25 am

:welcome: to the forum Hazel :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue May 17, 2011 11:21 am

:welcome: to the forum Hazel :wave: There's a lot of info and advice on here, so hopefully you'll find a few of the answers to your questions. What you're thinking and feeling at the moment is quite normal after you get your dx, it can take a while to get used to FM and what it means and can throw at you.

You're not a fraud, what you have is real. It also affects us all in very unique ways, even tho we share a range of symptoms, there are things some of us find easier to manage than what others do.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Tue May 17, 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Hazel and :welcome: to the forum glad you've found us :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Tue May 17, 2011 1:40 pm

Hello Hazelflower and welcome to the forum .Please don't be hard on yourself as you will see from reading the posts we all have different feelings about Fibro . Hope you find the forum useful ,im sure you will they are a great bunch . Big cottonwool hug Motherelle X :welcome:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby hazelflower » Tue May 17, 2011 7:00 pm

aw thank you all for yoru messages, it will take some time i know, what id really like is afriend who lives mear me, is there anyone near carmarhen in west wales ? that would like to chat by email and mahybe meet up ??

love the forum already, load sof info and advice its great

xxx
hazelflower
UKFM Newbie

Postby loubie » Tue May 17, 2011 10:41 pm

hi hazel :wave:
welcome to our very own little mad house :lol: :lol:
glad you are finding it helpful :D

good to have you with us :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby budda » Wed May 18, 2011 1:00 am

:wave: Hi Hazel and :welcome: to the forum, look forward to chatty to you. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello