[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi...just been diagnosed!

Hi...just been diagnosed!

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi...just been diagnosed!

Postby CarlyJay » Fri May 20, 2011 11:29 am

Hi,

I'm Caroline, 38, married to Steve with 3 children 18 year old son and 2 daughters 16 and 14.
Been anaemic all my life but in the last 5 years things got worse.
And the last year unbearable.
Doctor got me an appointment to see the Rheumatologist, and after 5 months had the appointment today and he diagnosed me with having Fibromyalgia.
In some ways I'm glad cos I can now put everything down to that, but in others ways I feel as I don't want to know. Does that mae ense.
My symtpoms include, pain, aching in wrists, hands, hips.
Lack of concentration, short atention span, never being able to think of the right word or sentence.
Lack of sleep, feeliing unrefreshed even after 10 hours of sleep. The list goes on.
He told me to start taking Ametripteline and some capsules called Solpadeine or something like that?

The pain has got considerably worse in the last few months as last July my Dad was diagnosed with MND(Motor Neurone Disease) and sadly passed away on March 18th this year at the age of 67. My life has been turned upside without him, I feel lost....

Anyway, will be nice getting to know some others in the same situation as me as I know no-one with FMS :o(
Thanks for listening..

Carly xxx
CarlyJay
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi...just been diagnosed!

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:46 am

Hello Carly :welcome: to the forum :wave:

I'm sorry to hear about your dad's passing. These times are distressing for everyone who was part of their life, but while he's in your heart he will still be with you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

What you're experiencing now you have a dx is pretty much normal, it seems like we all need to go thru certain stages/phases before we reach the point where we finally accept that FM is now a part of us and our lives.

The meds you've been started off on are what are used first to try and manage FM, but there are various other things to try if they don't suit you or aren't particularly effective. I Googled solpadeine and it's basically the brand name for co-codamol. If you haven't been prescribed them, it may be an idea to see if you can have them on prescription rather than buying them over the counter as they are available in different strengths.

I know you feel lost at the moment, but now you've find us, we'll try to guide you thru the maze and give you as much help and support as we can :grouphug: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri May 20, 2011 11:56 am

Hi Carly and :welcome: to the forum, I echo what Flup has said to you and look forward to getting to know you :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Fri May 20, 2011 12:01 pm

:welcome: to the forum. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby budda » Fri May 20, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi Carly, sorry to hear about your dad :hugs: , look forwad to speaking to you. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby loubie » Fri May 20, 2011 11:39 pm

hi carly :wave: :wave:
welcome to our forum its good to have you with us :hugs:

so so sorry about your dad :( all i can say is it will never get any easier but you will learn
to live with it :(
it will be 14 years this october since my dad passed and i still miss him every day :cry:

think of all the good times, he is always with you in your heart, mind and dreams
most of all remember he would always want you to be happy :hugs: :flowers:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Return to Where to Say Hello