[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hello - just been diagnosed...

Hello - just been diagnosed...

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hello - just been diagnosed...

Postby Janey303 » Sat May 21, 2011 7:48 pm

Hi I'm Jane i'm 39 married to Dave and have a gorgeous daughter called Rosie who is 5 and keeps me going. I was diagnosed yesterday with fibromyalgia although I've had symptoms for quite a while, I'm ashtmatic and I also have a condition called Dissociative Conversion Disorder which not many people have heard of, I have felt quite alone with this condition so it is good that there is support available for people with Fibromyalgia.

It would be nice to hear how other people cope with the pain and fatigue. Many thanks for reading this, Jane
Janey303
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hello - just been diagnosed...

Postby denys » Sat May 21, 2011 7:59 pm

Hi Jane and :welcome: to the forum, we all have different ways of coping as pain and fatigue is different in all of us, I personally use meds and heat for my pain and when the fatigue becomes overwhelming I try to rest up as much as possible. If you look around the site and look at some of the posts you'll find examples of what others do to cope. Look forward to getting to know you :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Janey303 » Sat May 21, 2011 8:18 pm

Hi Denys
Many thanks for your reply it's good to hear from you. I find heat really helps me too, I use those wheat sacks that go in the microwave they're good but are uncomfortable sometimes when I'm in a lot of pain. Am looking forward to getting to know you, thanks again Jane
Janey303
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat May 21, 2011 8:53 pm

Hello Jane :welcome: to the :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: world of FM :wave: :wave:

I was going to make a similar suggestion to Denys, altho we share a range of symptoms and problems, it seems to affect us all so personally and individually :facepalm: :facepalm:

There's a lot to take in and get used to when you're told you have FM, so if there's anything you want to know, just ask us as there's a lot of info, advice and support on here :grouphug: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby budda » Sun May 22, 2011 12:49 am

:wave: Hi Jane and :welcome: to the forum glad you have come to join us, look forward to chatting. :flowers:
budda
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 22, 2011 8:59 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jane :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Sun May 22, 2011 9:06 pm

hi jane :wave: :welcome: :flowers: :blowkiss:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby diane1 » Sun May 22, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi Jane and welcome :welcome:

I to use heat to help with the pain as well as lots of meds and the occasional drink :wine: . My perfect combination is a hot bubble bath with candles, restful music and a vodka and coke oh and a small piece of chocolate. (heaven) !

You'l find whats best for you with trial and error and a few handy hints from your pals on the site. :grouphug:

Good luck.

Diane

:D
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby Janey303 » Mon May 23, 2011 1:34 am

Thank you for all your messages you have made me feel very welcome, best wishes to you all, Jane
Janey303
UKFM Newbie

Return to Where to Say Hello