[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hiya

hiya

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hiya

Postby Sirella » Fri May 27, 2011 5:26 pm

My name's Jo, I'm 29, and I got told in February that I've got fm. Kind of nice to have a name for what's wrong, but I'm dreading telling people in case they react badly. I know a lot of people who think ME and CFS are 'all in the head'.
Sirella
UKFM Newbie

Re: hiya

Postby shazq » Fri May 27, 2011 5:34 pm

:welcome: to the forum Jo :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby motherelephant » Fri May 27, 2011 6:19 pm

Hello Jo and welcome to the Forum .I hope you find it useful ,there are posts advicing about teling poeple .It can be difficult for some people to understand ,but thats their problem not yours .There are many artices on the web now explaining what Fibromyagia is .Looking forward to getting to know you .Big Cotton wool hug Motherelle xx :welcome:
Like sunshine in the morning, may this brighten up your day and show you that you're thought of in a warm and loving way.
motherelephant
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri May 27, 2011 7:18 pm

Hello Jo :welcome: to the forum :wave:

Motherelle is right when she says it's their problem and not yours with the people who can't or won't try to understand when you explain what FM is and how it affects you. If you want to have another try at getting them to understand tho, you could show them this as it's a really good way of explaining how things are with FM.

If there's anything you want to know, just ask and we'll see what we can do to help you with it :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sirella » Fri May 27, 2011 9:07 pm

thanks guys. I actually showed my hubby the bit by Shazq yesterday, hit him quite hard I think to finally realise how I sometimes feel. Just told two of my closest friends, not sure quite what they think. Trouble is neither of them have heard of FM, so they didn't quite know what to say anyway!
I got diagnosed after months of complaining about exhaustion and pains, and one single blood test. Does that sound right? I saw a rheumatologist for my hands hurting (which was the start of the pains) a year ago and he diagnosed hypermobility as my thumbs are double jointed.
Sirella
UKFM Newbie

Postby diane1 » Fri May 27, 2011 9:28 pm

Hi and welcome

As the others have said theres lots of good information around and theres allways us mad lot on this group. If your having a bad day or worried about something there is always someone there to listen. Dont be scared by some posts and the extent of the symptoms mentioned as we are all different however it seems that over time we do get more symptoms.

Take one day as it comes and use the link " one for non believers with friends and work colleagues as it really does help.

Good Luck

Diane

:wave: :blowkiss:
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat May 28, 2011 11:51 am

Hi Jo and :welcome: to the forum :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :flowers: :flowers: :flowers:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Where to Say Hello