[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Hi Recently Diagnosed but been coping with it for years

Hi Recently Diagnosed but been coping with it for years

Introduce yourself and find fellow sufferers in your area or who share the same interests.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Hi Recently Diagnosed but been coping with it for years

Postby Tammy » Mon May 30, 2011 11:14 am

Hi all,

I have recently been diagnosed but i have had symptoms since the beginning of 2005. I have IBS and chronic tiredness. When the syptoms 1st came out i would have a flare up for 10 days or so and the symptoms would disapear for a few months. Last year the symptoms started again but this time have never gone away and have had to increase my medication. I have recently started yoga as i and determained to live as much of my life as i can as im only 27 and want to have children with my hubby atsome point in the future.

I would love to chat with some people maybe as penpals to have someone to talk to because they understand and i would it would be nice to make some friends.

I'm from South Wales and would love to see where you are all from.

Thanks for reading

Tammy :wave:
Tammy
UKFM Newbie

Re: Hi Recently Diagnosed but been coping with it for years

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon May 30, 2011 12:28 pm

:wave: Tammy and :welcome: to the forum.

You've come to the right place as we have a lot of advice and info on here, and we talk to each other as well as giving each as much support as we can with all that FM throws at us.

Anything you want to know, just ask and we'll try to help you with it :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon May 30, 2011 1:51 pm

:welcome: to the forum Tammy. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Mon May 30, 2011 6:50 pm

Hi Tammy and :welcome: to the forum :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby sjc » Mon May 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Hi there, hope u r doing ok at the moment....Glad we have another person on this forum.....Think you are like most of us in that alot of us have only been recently diagnosed but spent many years with the condition before it eventually gets diagnosed. Hope all is well. Take care. xxxxxx <3
sjc
UKFM Member

Postby diane1 » Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 pm

Hi and welcome

You'l find most of us have lived with the symptoms for years before getting a diagnosis. I've had fibro since before 2005 but diagnosed 2007 . I have managed to carry on and have worked up until this year when it all went pear shaped. I had to reduce my hours back in 2005 but by doing this managed to carry on working and I had an okish quality of life. Like you I would ahve flare ups that lasted a few weeks then would disappear for a few months.

Most of us are wives and mothers, it can be hard but a supportive partner really helps. So dont despair families are possible.

Unfortuneately I had an accident last year and it had a really bad effect on my fibro. This time the few weeks didnt end and the flare ups are much worse than before. I've given up work now and rest as much as I can .

I think the key is to listen to your body and to rest, rest and rest some more. Don't try to overdo it even if you feel ok and if you need a shoulder to cry on or a sounding board were all here all the time.

:goodluck2:

Good Luck
Does an elephant with fibro fog ever forget ?
diane1
UKFM Member

Postby scottiedog » Tue May 31, 2011 12:19 am

Good to meet you Tammy! We have two kids one before the fibro and one after. Looking after second was a bit harder than our daughter but i've got a great hubby and we managed fine so i'm sure you and your dh will too.
Looking forward to chatting with you.
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Return to Where to Say Hello