[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help List - please add whatever helps you

Help List - please add whatever helps you

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Help List - please add whatever helps you

Postby Angey » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:10 pm

Hi everyone out there. Ive had FM for nearly three years now. I was training for a marathon and just a few weeks before i badly tore a muscle. A years later the pain in my leg was not only as bad but my whole body was in pain. My arms legs and neck felt like they'd totally seized up. I couldn't bend them or if i managed to, i couldn't unbend them!!! I've since discovered that injury can trigger FM.I eventually was diagnosed with a blood test.

Anyway, I'd like to share with you the various natural remedies that really help me. I take a cocktail of them every morning as I was very reluctant to use steroids. My father took them before he died and I saw what they did to him. As steroids were all my GP had to offer, I came home and gradually did a lot of on line research myself.

I've given myself three years. If the pain is unbearable after that then I MAY consider steroids but in the meantime I seem to be able to cope using the following - the main and most helpful natural remedy is Devils Claw. I REALLY know it if I've run out and haven't taken it for a while. The rest of my cocktail consists of White Willow Bark, Bromelain, Ginger Root and Turmeric. These are all natural anti-inflammatories. I also take Glucosamine as I'm in my fifties, along with high dose Magnesium and Zinc. Also I take Siberian Ginseng and finally 5-HTP. For those of you unfamiliar with 5-HTP it is a natural Seratonin and has changed my life. I no longer have palpitations or anxiety. I did say it was a cocktail!! But it works.

My pain and stiffness are greatly reduced and I'm learning to live with the levels I do have. I bought one new remedy a month until I had the whole lot. This meant I didn't have the initial expensive outlay of buying a lot of tablets and also means when one runs out I still have the others to tide me over til the new order arrives. I buy on line. Its a lot cheaper. Try it everyone. It will take a few weeks for it to start taking effect but it really really works. Xx
Last edited by FluppyPuffy on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Split large paragraph into smaller ones for easier reading.
Angey
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:51 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:30 am

As Flupp has already said steroids arent generally used to treat FM and FM in itself does not cause inflammation although many members do complain of swelling etc. Buying online isnt something we would recommend unless it was from a reputable source as you cant always be sure of what you are getting :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: but I am very glad you have managed to find the right cocktail for you and I hope it continues to help for a long time to come :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby DeedleDee » Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:21 am

D xx

catch the moments as they fly, and use them as you ought....
DeedleDee
UKFM Member

Postby BTROD » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:44 pm

We use the following natural remedies and have found each one beneficial.

Slippery Elm Powder. I make capsules and take 2 daily, as well as making a hemp milk drink with a half teaspoon of Slippery Elm Powder. I order it via Ebay. I take Slippery Elm for heartburn and it works a treat, also for me it helps with diarrhea :-D I don't have a large bowel due to bowel cancer and my small bowel has been reconstructed to form an Ileo Anal Pouch, for which the drug Lopermide is prescribed; but the Slipery Elm Powder does the job fine! Also Slippery Elm is beneficial in the treatment of burns/scalds as was witnessed a few months ago when my wife scalded her arm in the kitchen. First thing my wife did was to run cold water over the affected area, then I applied Bicarbonate Powder(food grade) and Slippery Elm; the pain quickly subsided and their was no scarring! All was back to normal after 90 minutes!!!

Please read the link following as it explains the many health benefits of this wonderful powder.

Chia Seeds. In my experience it has helped reduce pain levels, but it has many other positive health benefits. Check the following link.

Turmeric and Curcumin. I take 2 capsules daily. Health benefits in the following link.

Both my wife and I have benefited from taking the above natural remedies, its worth looking into if you want more options. Also the Sacred Herb is a wonderful plant and helps in so many ways! It is a natural pain killer, appetite stimulator and it reduces stress too! It can be smoked or eaten! Their is a gentleman - Rick Simpson, a pharmacist, who makes Cannabis Oil for terminally ill cancer patients - and in many cases the cancer patients have been cured! Again, the infinite array of health benefits of the Sacred Herb is phenomenal! Big pHarma doesn't like this beautiful plant because it is so versatile and healing and they cannot make a profit from it!

The history of this plant is an engaging read, and you will discover why this plant has been demonised. Sad really when it could be of such a benefit in so many areas of our lives including clothing, medicine, building material, paper and much, much more. Hemp can save the planet! But our politicians are self serving disconnected individuals who have no interest in what can benefit humankind. Please don't take my word on this and do research this subject, you will be amazed!

Question Everything!!!
check what condition your condition is in - from the film The Big Lebowski

Priests and politicians are the Mafia of the Soul - Osho

Live from the Heart - Rev Hemp
BTROD
UKFM Newbie

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:11 pm

So essentially, you advocate the use of a Class B substance which carries with it up to 5 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both for those found in possession of it, and up to 14 years in prison, an unlimited fine or both for those who produce and supply the substance.

Whilst it may "The Sacred Herb" for you, advocating the use of it is not allowed on the forum, as per Rule 9 of the which we encourage all members to read and familiarise themseves with.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Apr 25, 2014 12:03 am

:nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: not on here, as Flup has said it is not appropriate to post advocating the use of illegal substances :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono: :nono:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:17 pm

I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 10:34 pm

We do not allow any arguments regarding the use of 'the sacred herb' at all on here as until the Class B label is removed it is an illegal substance and therefore not a suitable topic of discussion on an open forum which can be seem be the whole world wide web.

Please do not contravene the 'Rules for basic membership' which I would urge every member to read to avoid any unnecessary mistakes. As Moderators it is not our opinion on this subject that matters but simply ensuring this forum does not break the laws of the land by being seen to condone any illegal activity and thus bring the owner of the site into risk of sanction
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:37 pm

I am a Bi-polatic-Fibromyalgic.. I am Obsessive and Sceptical. I am a right Polymath..

"The only way to be always right, is to change your mind when you are proved wrong. Celebrate your mistakes as knowledge gained"
johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 10:41 pm

Good
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby johnashu » Fri May 02, 2014 10:53 pm

johnashu
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri May 02, 2014 10:56 pm

:-D :-D :-D :-D
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lindilou » Sun May 18, 2014 6:15 pm

Have any of you tried wearing a copper bracelet for the pain, if so did it work?
Lindilou

Postby V_Eeyore » Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:47 pm

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on how to cope with the smells? I have bought noise cancelling headphones, they were a little pricey but its heaven to have a little bit of peace. I just wondered if anyone has any advice on blocking smells, I can smell everything all the time and it makes me physically sick sometimes.

V
V_Eeyore
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping