[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help List - please add whatever helps you

Help List - please add whatever helps you

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Help List - please add whatever helps you

Postby Lindilou » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:20 pm

Pre-soaking the pots for washing up first.
Lindilou

Postby whoami » Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:55 am

[i][b]

Expect the worst in life you won't be disapointed and you'll be prepared!
whoami
UKFM Regular

Postby Lindilou » Wed Jun 25, 2014 8:38 am

Lindilou

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:11 am

Altho we have a dishwasher, there are some items that can't go in it, so pre~soaking the few that are left does make things a bit easier.

Having a teenager that can be bribed with munnies to buy pooter~stuff can be useful for getting things done :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby iblinkin » Fri Sep 12, 2014 6:51 pm

Hi everyone! I hope your day is going as well as possible. I would like to share something i just found this week and maybe some of you may have already come across this item. Magnesium Chloride oil or liquid. I picked some up yesterday after my chiro told me about this and i tried it yesterday after having suffering all week with painful spasms in my ribs.. one time back in 2009 i fractured a rib with these spasms does anyone else have this problem? Anyway my wife applied some to my back (only once per day) and must say i have some relief over yesterday, still not perfect of course but better and i am now going to have a hot bath with some of this oil in it and see how that goes. Also my wife who has had a very sore arm tried it and was amazed at how well it worked for her.. she has lupus not FMS but still they are cousins in illness terms. Good luck and i hope this helps someone and please any feedback is appreciated.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:09 pm

iblinkin - that stuff sounds interesting! Where do you get it from? I often have a sore neck/shoulders/upper back and find ibuleve etc don't work that well. Is this better?
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby iblinkin » Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:34 pm

Hi everyone! I have been taking a product called Neuro-Mag the full name is Magnesium L-Theronate and can be bought online if you cannot find it locally. They come in vegetarian capsules and there are 90 capsules in a bottle (this is not cheap about $40.00 US) and i have found this product to work exceptionally well for me. I had to sing in public on Saturday and when i performed with my band before i had to give it up i had to use sheet music with lyrics as my memory would not allow me to remember them all.. well i sang a whole set approx. 45 minutes without any help at all! Yes i do contribute that to this product and feel so good about this that i just had to share this info with you and here's the link for the site that sells this as well as other FMS products as they mainly focuse on FMS and other ailments along this line. Trust me i don't have shares in this company, lol. I hope this helps! :-) They are located in the U.S.A. http://www.prohealth.com/index.cfm?B1=E ... rogers.com
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Gilly52 » Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:34 pm

Hi Everyone

I find Pernaton Gel very good for aching muscles, spasms etc., I cannot use any anti inflammatory gels as they make me nauseous in the same way as any anti inflammatory tablets do, just takes the gel a little longer to cause nausea as going in via the skin, so I looked for a natural product which Pernaton Gel is......and a little goes a long way :!:

It's available from their website www.pernaton-uk.com also available on Amazon, where you can read some good reviews on the product, I know we are all different in the way we react and find relief from a product......but sometimes anything is worth a go, so good luck everyone .......hope this product can help some other forum members out there :-)
Gilly52
UKFM Member

Postby iblinkin » Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:02 pm

Hi Zia2014, I've posted a link for this, i hope it helps and the Mag oil you can get from a naturapath. Good lucck.
iblinkin
UKFM Member

Postby Tally1068 » Mon Sep 22, 2014 4:35 pm

Just wanted to say "Thank You" to everyone who added to this thread. I've never read it before and it has been so interesting.

It's probably been said before but I have a little notebook and pen that can clip on my skirt/trousers if I actually get up. It helps with the dreaded fibro fog and every time people ask or tell me info that is important I write it down. It's been so useful and I don't feel like an idiotic numpty so much. :crazy: :roll:
Tally1068
UKFM Member

Postby Zia2014 » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:47 pm

Thanks iblinkin, will see if I can find it locally.
Zia2014
UKFM Regular

Postby Coppertree » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:13 pm

I have found that the following tea helps my mind to switch off at bedtime - 1tsp lavender flowers, 1 tsp valerian, 1 tsp chamomile flowers, 1 tsp white willow bark and 1tsp of cinnamon bark. Infuse and drink just before bedtime :) Works for me :) Oh the best place I have found to buy herbs online is a shop called The Spiceworks, very cheap and quick delivery :)
Coppertree
UKFM Newbie

Postby Queenie_70 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:00 pm

I have trying Magnesium for about 45 days now. I cannot say that it has worked miracles, but today's cold snap, (snow up in the lovely north of England), but my aches do not seem too bad yet today. I take two at night when I take my other tablets so I don't forget to take them.

xxx
"Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."
Queenie_70
UKFM Member

Postby FionaS » Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:48 pm

An open window in the middle of winter. Closing the window makes me feel like I will suffocate in my bed and adds to the insomnia. Summer is a nightmare.
FionaS
UKFM Newbie

Postby bekindtoyou » Fri Sep 18, 2015 10:33 am

For neck pain on waking chewing gum, for me it releases the tension in my jaw and neck
For teeth grinding/ clenching at night a gum shield ( unfortunately £60 private or band 2 on nhs I think £200) so private wins
Has reduced my head aches and neck pain.
bekindtoyou
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping