[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help List - please add whatever helps you

Help List - please add whatever helps you

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Help List - please add whatever helps you

Postby *Lisa* » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:29 pm

what ever helps me?.... ermmmmm..... ah!! i know... loads a [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:52 pm

And we all know that [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] [chocolate] is the answer and cure for everything along with :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :wine: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2: :twodrinking2:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby carrieokay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 12:49 am

Re memory foam:

Not sure if this is the right place, but as so many people recommend it I might save someone some alert time (short) and money (what's that?). :fingerscrossed:

I searched all over for a mattress I could afford, including every single item on eBay. I got a single bed size 8" deep memory foam mattress for £77.50 with free pillow and with free postage. My neighbour put the single bed together and I am now in snoozin' heaven. :snore1: :sleep: No more tossing about trying to find the least painful position!!

I'm not affiliated in any way, so for anyone looking check out the 'Lacelake' shop on eBay. They do all sizes, though you do need to check all their listings as some are buy it now, some have postage added etc. Hope this helps someone as much as it has helped me :wave:

Just had a blinding idea (am so tired I'm dangerous :yikes: ) - could UKFM negotiate a discount for members? Perhaps in return for a mention in the mag? I could find a use for a hunky masseur too while we're about it (clean my house!!) :twisted:

:grouphug:
Carrie

My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four.
Unless there are three other people.
carrieokay
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:58 am

Thanks for that carrie, anywhere we can get something at a decent price is always helpful, just as hearing about something that has helped and made a difference is :clap: :clap: :clap:

hope you carry on getting some better quality :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ITbird » Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:25 am

Hi all,

I have found that I cant live without my Skechers trainers. They have a nice thick cushioned sole and it feels like walking on air. I can barely feel the floor anyway but I find if I have flat soled shoes or bare feet, the pain in my feet and toes is awful.

The grabber is definitely a godsend!

Radox aromatherapy bubble bath is gorgeous. The warm water and the lovely smells...relief for a short while and bliss.
Fletch x
ITbird
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 5:16 pm

Agree with all previous posts , lots of good tips, like the potatos in a basket idea, gonna try that.

Particularly interested in the :wine: but prefer :cake: to [chocolate]

My best coping mechanism is :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: from my lil girl.

Bless her, when I tell her something is hurting she kisses it to try make it better.

Sarah x
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby Mrs T. » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:27 pm

I agree about the Sketchers and Shape up shoes. I have got rid of all my flat soled shoes and it does mean I can walk that little bit further. Shape ups do great sandals too.
I sometimes wear a wrist support but it gets sweaty and hot so I have pinched a sweat band from my son. I wear it when eating as it stops me knocking my wrist on the table and when I am typing as it helps my hand move on the desk with very little effort.

I I also do much smaller loads of washing, using the quick 30 minute wash. Less heavy to pick up and less to fold and put away in one go.

Probably an obvious and old one but no way could I drive a manual car again. Got to be auto all the way now.
I have a seat belt thing also from Halfords that means I don't have to reach round to grab the seat belt to put it on. :f1-car:

I also drive with the radio on to make me not zone out when I am driving. Especially good if it is talk show or something that annoys me so I shout at the radio to wake myself up !
Mrs T.
UKFM Member

Postby Lubilou » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:27 am

Just to add poundland do the wrist/elbow supports.
Lubilou
UKFM Member

Postby loopylizzy » Thu Sep 08, 2011 5:33 pm

hi find that 5htp a herbal remedy helps me with sleep and headaches ,[contains griffonia simplicifolia ,niacin vit b6 and magnesium] since taking them have not had a severe headache and actually manage to sleep quite well.fibro fog and the feeling of exhaustion are my worst symptoms at the moment so am going to try calcium ,magnesium and zinc to see if this helps.i will let you know.i am new to this forum but find it very helpful
loopylizzy
UKFM Newbie

Postby denys » Thu Sep 08, 2011 6:34 pm

Hi Loopy, just becareful that you dont take on to much magnesium with it being in the other remedy if I were you I would check with a pharmacist or nurse or GP that you are within the recommended limits :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Claire Spong » Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 am

Took a mixture of calcium & magnesium from Holland and barrett, gave me terrible nightmares that were so real I woke up not knowing what was true and what was dream!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
Dx March 2011
Read my blog about how I'm coping with finding out I have Fibro on: http://fibronewbie.blogspot.com/
Claire Spong
UKFM Member

Postby winnipeg » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:19 am

I put about magnesium spray helping me before, but have just found out that the "goodnight" spray helps me more that the original one. It's made my BETTER YOU.
winnipeg
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:07 pm

hi loopylizzy, ive started taking 5htp since sept.. noticed that im sleeping better but still waking up , but feeling more rested in the mornings. still get fatigued and i have noticed headaches not constant..........seeing though its herbal im finding it helps... :clap: im fighting to keep off anti depressants that gp trying to put me on....told them when the time is right i will have them :roll: hopefully not for a long while , i know in the future i will resort to them, i think im managing a little better think its due to my frame of mind i know fibro is here to stay, im managing it :crazy: (somedays).... it's NOT managing me...also pain management has a big part to play it would be ok if fibro was 1 thing to deal with e.g only pain or fatigue :nono: ....oohhh they had to throw a boat load of extra stuff in the fibro bucket for good measure to keep us on our toes.... :yikes: :yikes: yep n them toes are sore as well :banghead:. Glad 5htp works for not only me :D best wishes .......mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:51 pm

Glad you're getting some benefit from things mand. If you do end up with the anti-ds at some point in the future, just look at them as another treatment that will hopefully help.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby triciagor » Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:49 pm

Hi all,

Loving all the ideas here as to things that can help, for me my 50mg amitripyline at night is what helps. I got no sleep before that, even with an orthopeadic mattress, never tried memory foam but sounds like i need to invest in one.The amitripyline is new to me after a long time of battling with my doc telling him how hard it as been for me to sleep at night. I will have to look into the meds from health shops and the comfortable footwear, great to hear these other helpful aids for FM sufferers. :wine:
triciagor
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping