[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Help List - please add whatever helps you

Help List - please add whatever helps you

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Help List - please add whatever helps you

Postby shazq » Fri Jun 01, 2012 4:39 pm

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Pixie_Convery » Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:48 pm

Hey Everyone,
I find making a small nest out small roll beanbag cushions under what ever body part is most painful helps relieve some pressure I often use them between/under my knees,under my elbows and wrists and under/between my feet.

I also have a bath/massage oil in a Grapeseed carrier oil with rosemary,geranium and ginger essential oil added to it I love adding a few drops to my bath it has a soothing warming sensation, I also massage a little amount onto what ever area is painful, which for me is moslty my wrists elbows knees ankles ect.

I know its not for everyone but crystal therapy, its more of a hobby than anything I find it fascinating that different stones can be used different things and often stuff a piece of moss agate and hematite in my bra!( both are my joint ease stones) :lol:.
Pixie_Convery
UKFM Newbie

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:45 pm

bought myself a v pillow

looks like a square with a quarte missing

loving it
it is such a simple idea but still so effective to help me with my neck probs
lu

one of many limks to get an idea

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keyw ... lb4cdyak_e
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby WennyP » Sat Jul 07, 2012 9:39 pm

Hello all!

Hubby and I went to Goodwood Festival of Speed last weekend - I knew this was going to be a VERY testing day for me :( I wondered what I could take with me so I could sit down every half an hour or so, that wouldn't be heavy to carry... we have some deckchairs in bags but they are quite heavy, so I hit upon the idea of a shooting stick - ideal! Ordered from internet on Tuesday and it arrived on Thursday. I used it as a walking stick which was REALLY useful :-D and when I needed to sit down, I simply pulled apart the handles and voila! A seat! Took a bit of time figuring out the right height for comfort, but I got there in the end. Sadly, it all got too much for me by mid-afternoon and I pretty much couldn't walk :cry: So, that put paid to our day. Nonetheless, the shooting stick was very helpful and I sort of knew I'd be beaten by just after lunch.

Nice day, though :f1-car:

Here is a link to the one I bought: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leather-Shootin ... 400&sr=1-5

Hope someone finds this helpful :wave:
"No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings"
WennyP
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm

Glad you managed to enjoy at least part of the day Wenny
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Takeabreaknow » Thu Jul 19, 2012 9:08 pm

I use 2 small hand towels to dry myself after a bath or shower as I find it much less tiring on the arms than the heavy larger bath towel. I also find they are great for doing some exercise whilst drying eg hold the towel behind you, and instead of moving the towel back and forth across your back hold the towel still and move your body. Its a sort of end of shower wiggle time and great to sing along to as well. If I am not too tired after a shower I find it is a good time for more gentle exercise in the warm bathroom making it part of the drying process.
Takeabreaknow
UKFM Newbie

Postby Elspeth » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I sometimes find the forum so big its daunting to keep up with!

But when I really need it, it's great to know you're all there. I think people who suffer with fibromyalgia are especially empathetic with others actually.

The first thing I wanted to ask is- can anyone recommend a specific hydrotherapy bath mat? There seem to be a few out there.

Also, does anyone have any Capsaicin creams you can recommend? I have tried to find one on the internet that doesn't have shark collagen as I'm vegetarian but no such luck.

Here are my tips:

1. OK I was going to write my tips but now I'm exhausted... :( aaarrrgh. Maybe later...
Elspeth
UKFM Member

Postby smileyface » Sat Jul 21, 2012 6:23 am

hi, sorry but what is a "specific hydrotherapy bath mat" please? hydrotherapy is using water of a specific temperature in a rehabilitation way and a bath mat is well a mat in the bath usually stops people slipping etc. dont know what combining the 2 does! must need some sleep! s
smileyface
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:08 pm

not sure if I or someone else has mentionned this before

I bought some pool shoes for £10 and they are fab

started swim and sauna a few weeks back and the floors in shower, changing room, toilets, around pool etc are not "hygenic"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/cressi-Mens-Wat ... 816&sr=1-1

this is what I call
Swimming with Style

yes, they go with me inside the pool
they are light weight and comfy

lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Elspeth » Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:30 pm

Sorry, I must have said it in a confusing way. What I meant was- you can get these hydrotherapy bath mats which have a pump and blow the water/bubbles through the mat (you put it in a normal bath) and I've seen people recommend them on here and I was wondering which brand they would recommend because there are a few around. Thanks x
Elspeth
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:10 pm

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 pm

:-|
Last edited by Andrew_Z on Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby fibro-lu » Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:12 pm

Hi Andrew

don't forget to take your meds
your last comment is a bit gloomy

had a horrible dive myself recently
nearly admitted myself
found out that I "forgot" to take one of my meds for a week :yikes:

all the best
lu
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby Andrew_Z » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:48 pm

Well there you are then. Just take your meds and you won't have any health problems! Not for nothing that so many doctors think fibro is imagination...I can see now how I'm perceived by this group.

And for your information - I HAVE TAKEN ALL MY MEDICATION! - and guess what, I'm still in pain!
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby Elspeth » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:22 pm

Elspeth
UKFM Member

PreviousNext

Return to Help / Tips on Coping