[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Alternative Medicines

Alternative Medicines

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Alternative Medicines

Postby ciderpig122 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey Guys!

I read a post on here about a herbal remedy of DLPA, I have done some reading on this yesterday and I wanted to share it with you all incase you think its worth a go too?

http://www.becomehappy.com/dlpa.htm

http://www.doctoryourself.com/pain.html

one of the articles mentions vit C too which is quite an interesting snippet.

There is a warning *dont take with amitriptaline (sp)* however after more digging it seems to be quite safe when taken after food.

I went to Holland and barret today and ordered some and while I was in there I was recommended Devils Claw in tablet form and also the gel which is all on offer now! so fingers crossed and I will keep you posted.

They also pointed out a Fibro article in their Healthy Mag, so I bought it and its quite informative and I am taking it to work to show my boss, its similar to this one on their website but may be helpful if, like me, you are having issues with people thinking you are making it up to get time off work. Mums also bought a copy to show family members

http://www.healthy-magazine.co.uk/exper ... bromyalgia

I apologise if this h as all been said before, I am a noob :) xxx

:grouphug:
Fibromyalgia, Elher Danlos Type Hypermobile, OCD, Asthma, PTSD.
Im not ill, I am just special :D
ciderpig122
UKFM Member

Re: Alternative Medicines

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 07, 2011 6:47 pm

Hi
It's always best to check with your Gp or a pharmacy before taking any alternative Meds as they can interfere with the meds you are already on. :goodluck1: hope they work.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby scottiedog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:11 am

Hi Ciderpig
This is gonna sound really preachy and its not meant that way but please be really careful. Plants are powerful and potent. Ive been working with oils and plants for years and i still know little of all that they are capable of. Unfortunately many health food shop staff are not qualified and i know of friends who have been given potentially dangerous advice. Please dont think im against using alternatives as most of my "medications" are but please make sure that advice is good and check the sources on anything you read. More and more research is being done all the time and more has been "proven" to work. Some plants dont work well with conventional meds or they can be dangerous. For example devils claw and diabetes meds.
Oh dear this does sound really preachy and i dont want to discourage you. I just want you to be safe!
Hope the herbs/supplements are ok for you to use and that they help loads.
Hugs Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby scottiedog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 am

Looks like my phone or more likely im not working properly. Can one of the mods delete extra? Sorry again.
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:47 am

Deleted for you Mue so it looks like you're working properly :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby scottiedog » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:36 pm

Thanks! There has to be a first time for everything.
Mue
scottiedog
UKFM Member

Postby mexus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:11 pm

I found my body reacts to conventinal meds, so all my conditions are treated with alternative, I found a doctors who use alternative in their practice. I have used oils for many years and I find they help, but used properly. Also I use a good health shop, who is well trained, also a chemist who is trained in alternative. But I still check with my doctor.
mexus
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping