[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - hot/heat pads

hot/heat pads

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

hot/heat pads

Postby ouchisme » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:38 am

:wave: all

Just a quick 1. Does any1 use a heat pad that u sit on to help give heat for pain relief? If yes, which 1 do u use or would recommend? R u a 'like real hot heat on ur ouches' or 'just a little warm for me plz''? I have pain in both hips and also my posturior cheeks :oops: and wondered if i'd b able to mould some of a pad/mat so that not only my undercarriage :oops: is getting 'cooked', but i can others heat onto my lower back. On a v fixed budget so the highest i would go to is roughly £30. All experiences are really welcome. Hope in gen every1 is coping or having a real good day Gentle :hugs: all round x
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Re: hot/heat pads

Postby shazq » Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:29 pm

Hi
Have you tried a wheat bag? i know you can get them in different shapes and sizes, you warm them up in the microwave.
the only other thing i can think of is wrapping a tea towel around a hot water bottle and put one under each side of your bottom/hips. :dunno:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 4:04 pm

In the car, I have a lumbar support seat cover that is also heated, being powered from the cigarette lighter. Maybe you could look to see if there is a similar thing for use in the house :dunno: :dunno:

O also have the wheaty bags in various shapes and sizes, as well as the good old hotty botty.

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby ouchisme » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:41 pm

thanku fluppypuffy and shaqz for replies

I've tried using wheat bags on all painful areas b4 and have found that they don't get hot enough for me. I pinch 1 of my daughters hot water bottles cos its 1 of the smaller 1s that u can get. Its the right size for a butt cheek :wink: and can sit in my recliner chair, lying down abit with my shoulders/neck and head still in contact with the back of my chair to be comfy. Lying down with a hot water bottle has to b done on the sofa so that i can lie up against something to hold it in the right place. But not v comfy for me on the sofa for long periods of time.
Do the wheat bags have a cut off point to how hot they can get? I know it sounds like a daft q, but i prefer HOT, not just warm :dunno:
Had symptoms for 5yrs. Dx February 2011
ouchisme
UKFM Member

Postby m2kl » Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:36 pm

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... AT+PAD.htm

I have this one. I like things to get really hot(have hot water bottle straight on bare skin!) so it doesnt get as hot as i would like but it gets much hotter than wheat bags. I use mine to sit or lay on and its fab. I use it every night and i wake early to put it on before getting up as it helps with morning pain/stiffness. Plus its cheap :)
m2kl
UKFM Member

hot/heat pads

Postby Niki d » Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:28 am

Hi,
I have a dreamland heat pad it's brilliant, I would be lost with out it. I have a lot of lower back, hip and cheek pain. I have it on all night (although they suggest you shouldn't)
I have had mine for about 5 years now, think it was about 20 quid.

I think I might get another one as well because it's not big enough to cover both hips. I don't know why I have not thought of this sooner, as I normally use a hot water bottle on the other hip.

Depending on what kind of pain it is it's good to do heat then cold, I have to do that on my knees a lot.

Hope this helps 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping