[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Have you tried the "pain gone" pen?

Have you tried the "pain gone" pen?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Have you tried the "pain gone" pen?

Postby pogster » Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:04 pm

Hi all

Has anyone tried any of the pain gone pens? I've just ordered a FREE mini one (just pay 3.95 P&P) from

www.tower-health.co.uk

Pogster
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Re: Have you tried the "pain gone" pen?

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:29 pm

I haven't heard of it before, so looked at the linky. It's an interesting sounding little device. You'll have to let us know how you go on with your little trial version and whether or not you decide to buy the full sized version :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:35 pm

I have heard of them but never tried one. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Update: Have you tried the "pain gone" pen?

Postby pogster » Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:10 pm

I tried the pain gone pen and guess what? yes, you guessed it, the pain is still there. It did absolutely nothing. Good job it was free. How much money do we waste on things that never work for us fibromites?
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Jul 31, 2011 6:44 pm

A flaming fortune :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:12 pm

I dread to think how much I've spent on things trying to find some relief :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Sazzle » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:52 pm

I found a Painsolv device cheap in my local pharmacy, unfortunately it was faulty so had to take it back for a refund as it didn't work. Wouldn't charge or anything. I had a little moan on Facebook as you do, then an ex colleague said she had one at home that I could have. The one in the pharmacy was £30, she said i could have this one for £20. Bargainous. It does seem to work but only used it a few times. Need to use it on my poorly pinkie that I nearly broke when fell into door frame the other day.

They are usually quite expensive though, cheapest i saw was £60 on ebay. Usually about £120.

i have taken advantage of the "free" offer, a friend has one and she says it works fine for her so horses for courses I think. Unfortunately when she is bad (she has lupus) she has no hand strength to click it.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:10 am

:yikes: I would need a second pair of arms to reach, I would never be able to do my neck or back with that.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:42 pm

Forgot all about my Painsolv for a while until hobbled off to Boots one day when my hip was in agony and my full dose of painkillers wasn't really touching it. I could walk but the first few minutes were agony until I loosened up and then it was just very painful! got some Boots heat patches which did nothing and one loosened itself and started working its way down my leg under my leggings when I was at work. Remembered about the painsolv when lady in chemist was suggesting TENS machine.

One dose of the painsolv and I could walk almost pain free the next day. Not doing quite the same for my painful shoulder but seems to be easing a little. Having malformed hip joint and a hypermobile shoulder that both keep going half out of joint is not good.

Tried the paingone pen again yesterday as had that in my bag at work and not the painsolv. OWWWW it made it worse.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby Persephane » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi,
I use a pain gone pen, picked it up off ebay for £12, so seemed worth a try.

To me it seems noisy and the 30 plus clicks can take me a long time to get through, but for me it helps a lot.
intense Jaw pain is a big problem at the moment, but the pain gone pen gives so much relief, i use it in two or three places on the effected side, and after a few minites the pain has gone or at least subsided to a managable level, i use it else where but the relief i get from jaw pain would be worth paying much more for.

Ive even used it sat on packed trains and know one takes any notice so ive stopped worrying about the noise.

Gill :-)
Persephane
UKFM Member

Postby HazelB » Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:52 am

They must have finished their offer of a free mini pen ... Only ones I could see were on sale for £17.95

I'm not sure I would be able to use one anyway as I get severe pain and weakness in my hands so would struggle to click the Button

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk
(soft hugs)
Hazel xxx
HazelB
UKFM Member

Postby mexus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:32 pm

I have used the pain gone pen, it did not help infact I was very tender and bruised in the areas I used it. :cry:
mexus
UKFM Newbie

Postby Sazzle » Wed Jan 04, 2012 10:41 pm

I tried it the other week when my dodgy shoulder was giving me problems, it made it worse. Some things it seems to work on but not a hypermobile shoulder that keeps popping out it seems. My Painsolv device works much better and no pain using it at all. A bargain as an ex colleague sold it to me for £20 when they retail new at about £120
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Postby MysticalGandy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:40 pm

I've tried one for a bad knee, it works great for that... got mine on a special offer I think -
MysticalGandy
UKFM Newbie

Postby toppy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:38 am

I actually got one of these Paingone things but mine was called "Mini Paingone" It's the smaller version of the "Paingone" to be honest i find it great and went on to buy the full size one

You can get them FREE just pay the p&p £4.95 from www.freepainrelief.co.uk

Hope it helps you guys
toppy
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping