[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Free Bus Pass ...

Free Bus Pass ...

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Free Bus Pass ...

Postby Joanne C » Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:24 pm

Heya,

Ive just managed to get a free bus pass from my local council, due to me having fibro.

It may be worth checking to see if you too can get a free bus pass!!!

I didnt know about this until I went to a pain education morning, so if you didnt know, check into it!!!
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Re: Free Bus Pass ...

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:00 pm

Thanks for that Joanne, that little gem of information could be of help :hugs: :hugs:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby shazq » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:09 pm

Thanks for the post Joanne. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:30 am

Thanks Joanne very useful :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Joanne C » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:24 pm

have heard though through other people, that if you have a blue badge, you may not get a free bus pass ... but i guess its up to the different councils.

(i dont drive, so dont have a blue badge)
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Postby McVinster » Tue Jul 19, 2011 11:51 pm

I have been thinking about this for a while, but I don't know who to ask. I guess my first port of call would be my DEA (who I only met last week, but she seems lovely).

Any suggestions?

"Time is an illusion; lunchtime, doubly so." - Douglas Adams
McVinster
UKFM Member

Postby Joanne C » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:38 am

you should contact or look at your local or county council website for info.
Joanne C
UKFM Member

Postby pixiecat » Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:50 pm

Hi

If you like in the lancashire area you can apply for a now card, this gives you a type of bus pass that you only
pay 50p a journey no matter where you go, you just need to prove you get dla I think, it has a web site to apply
http://www.nowcard.org/index.asp
Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby Sam2011 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:54 pm

Hi all

I applied for free bus pass last week and today got the call from Social Services asking me to send my photo so they can send me the buss pass. I had to get a letter from my GP and it cost me £20! but its worth since my joints are killing me.

PEACE
SAM
Sam2011
UKFM Member

Postby susan74 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:39 pm

Hi,

I have a free bus pass too. I just went into local bus station and got the form and a supporting letter from my doc (who didn't charge - I must have a nice one lol). Mine is good for the whole of England apparantly, but that might depend on the issuer.

Interestingly I also have a Blue Badge so, at least in Newcastle, having one does not stop you getting the other. It's always worth asking about - it's saved me loads in bus fares :-D
susan74
UKFM Member

Postby PoppyPenny » Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:56 pm

I've had a bus pass for years because of another disability (It used to be 45p until the government brought in the free ones)but I can't use it because the bus stop is too far away for me to walk to! I wish I could use it because they are such a good idea and save loads in travelling fares! We do park the car (blue badge)in town (Plymouth) sometimes and get on a bus to Exeter. That makes it all worthwhile as it is so good to go somewhere else, and it is free :-D I have to plan where we are going and which shops around seats and cafes because neither of us can walk far!

Maggie
PoppyPenny
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:02 am

really helpful thanks, will check for derbyshire.
:-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby millymoodoo » Tue May 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi

I have a blue badge and because i have this i also get a free rail and bus pass. It depends on your local council but in my area (Lincolnshire) its available.

Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Andrew_Z » Sat May 26, 2012 6:28 pm

Fibro helped me get a free bus pass.

I fear that when the government brings in the new rules about the higher mobility DLA, those councils who insist on the award to qualify for a bus pass or parking badge will use the situation as an excuse to refuse to issue the passes. That will leave many disabled people stranded in their homes. Consequently, I've written to the District Nurses Association to point out that when people lose their mobility DLA then the nurses will be overwhelmed having to visit thousands of extra sick people at home, instead of patients visiting their doctor's surgery. They won't like that.
Andrew_Z
UKFM Member

Postby crazycat36 » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:07 pm

In scotland u can hav a blue badge which costs 20quid a yr without being on.dla dr just has a bit to fill in for u and u get free buss pass from library as long as u r on dla for mobility also if ur on care midle or high rate u can get a +1 so u can hav a helper with u and u can travel through tye whole of scotland with it u can also apply for 1 for trains not sure how that one works though and only helpful if u travel by train a lot xx
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping