[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - knives for peeling

knives for peeling

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

knives for peeling

Postby mand » Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:46 pm

any suggestions... :dunno: over the past week my hands and arms painful and finding gripping a knife for peeling veg hard and :swear1: infuriating...has any body tried somthing that works, seriously thinking of sticking foam around knife so that i don't grip too hard.....typing this is :swear1: today......many thanks mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Re: knives for peeling

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:45 pm

I use one of these for peeling fruit and veggies, the blade stays sharp and the grip is sort of cushioned and rubbery, which I fond comfortable to hold. It's tough enough to get thru the skin of a butternut squash fairly easily :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:52 pm

my peeler is great :D
peels anything and chops it to :D

its called hubby.......... but can't remember where i got him from :facepalm: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:27 am

I got one of those too Loubie cant use anyother type, as to where I got him from, I gave him a biscuit and he's followed me ever since :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:32 pm

I've got an extension for the Y peeler, called OH. He also comes with the washing up and tea brewing options installed and ready :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby animalhouse » Mon Jul 25, 2011 11:25 am

ive given up and just buy chopped veg and ready potatoes/wedges etc.

if money a bit tight i stock up when veg reduced at end of day and bung in slow ccooker straight away and make soups etc.

or try and use daugther/oh. :dunno: :dunno:

:wave:
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Postby mand » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:26 pm

hi ive ordered a peeler off amazon(battery operated) :dunno: and if it works well thats a different matter, keep you posted :wave: ...im tending to use more frozen veg and washed new potatoes....dont want others to do it, im struggling to come to terms with fibro, plus its my job and my independance is being chucked through the window sort of thing.....do you know what i mean :dunno:, fiesty little thing i am...then suffer with the pains etc later, and then the frustration :swear1: ...well thats a big part of it,,,there i think thats the top and bottom of it frustration :shock: , think ive just gave myself a councilling session :clap:.........all through getting a potato peeler :lol: ........take care mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Jul 26, 2011 4:44 pm

There was a thread at the end of last year about an electric peeler another member had bought and found really good. It was called the Rotato Express. Hope it makes a difference to you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby kittymcg1 » Mon Aug 01, 2011 4:15 pm

Hey Mand

I have that problem too. I got a kettle tipper and foam ends for cutlery from Occupational Health. They are definately useful. I use the electric can opener too. You can buy knives that rock for people with bad hands. I can't be bothered with them but others may like them. If you google some of the mobility shops you can get stuff for hands there. Or as sum of the others I try to buy chopped veg and baby potatoes or ask my hubby to cut and peel things and leave them in water for me. Its the lifting saucepans and draining them that also gets me when my hubby is home late.

Hope thats sum help to u.

Kitty
-x-
kittymcg1
UKFM Member

Postby busy mummy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:28 pm

Hi all

I picked up a peeler the other week, i was in the queue at Matalan and saw it in one of the baskets.

It dosent have a handle, it slips over your finger like a ring and the peeler bit sits in your palm, there is a squarish shield in between your palm and the blade.

Its pretty easy to use and also quite painless, because you dont grip it as such it prevents the painful finger locking. I did get a bit too confident with it and peeled my thumb knuckle one time :shock: , and the peel tends to get a bit clogged up behind the blade, but all in all , for only £1 not a bad investment :clap:
busy mummy
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:46 pm

It sounds like a good buy :clap: Trying to peel knuckles and thumbs and fingers is my downfall as well :facepalm: :facepalm: You'd think we'd not do it after the first or second time, but I keep going back and trying it........and it hurts just as much with every try :tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

knives for peeling

Postby Niki d » Tue Aug 02, 2011 8:32 am

Or of course the other option is to live on toast like I do. No peeling or chopping required lol.

Gentle hugs niki 
Niki d
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:12 pm

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: niki :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:24 pm

I'm working on a new version of the OH peeler option, it's the DS peeler and combined cooker :clap: :clap: :clap:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Nellyphant » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:56 am

Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping