[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Can anyone help with these symptoms? Any tips?

Can anyone help with these symptoms? Any tips?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Can anyone help with these symptoms? Any tips?

Postby JemmaB88 » Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:42 pm

Hi Guys,

I was diagnosed on Monday, finally. But now I know that it is Fibro, things have started to sink in. Can anyone give me any tips on dealing/living with the following?
- Eye strain
- Not sure if this is fibro, but twitching muscles, especially my thighs
- Ear ache
- Neck that is so stiff I can't put my chin on my chest.
- General grumpyness!

The rest of it, I know there is not much anyone can do. I take my dog around the fields mid morning every morning for 30 mins or so to try and loosen up but any earlier and I nearly cry with pain, just getting out of the house. I have hot baths to sooth the muscles and try not to get too moody!

Thanks,

Jemma.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Can anyone help with these symptoms? Any tips?

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:07 pm

:hugs:
Hi Jemma,i was diagnosed this week also! Are you on any medication? I get twitchy mucles alot my rheumatolagist took bloods to check all my symptoms were fibro not other illness.
Wecome to the boards,you will get good advice here! :welcome:
Shell
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Hi Jemma
Twitching muscles is common with fibro.
But ear ache dont sound like fibro. Everyone with new symptoms should always get them checked out by your gp as not everything is down to fibro. you might have an ear infection :dunno: so might need antibiotics.

Mention to your gp that you are having mood changes as well, are you taking anything?
Fibro is life changing and it will take a while to get your head around it so you will find you will be going through many emotions, we all go through it, i still have my bad days/weeks and i am on 2 types of anti depressant.

Any questions just ask. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby denys » Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 pm

Hi Jemma, shaz has given you some sound advice so :fingerscrossed: :goodluck2:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby *Lisa* » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:31 pm

As a Public Moderator & Admin of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia...Lisa
*Lisa*

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:55 am

Thanks for the replys everyone.
Eye strain tends to be worse when I am feeling really rubbish. Not sure if it is me frowning! Ear ache definatly worse when I have a really stiff neck.
Bad day today, feel like I have been on a rack having all my limbs pulled off! IBS terrible as well. Overall miserable and feel horrid. Going to do some shopping as the OH is away most of the week and we have bread and potatoes in the house! Going to see if my mum can come with me to push the trolly. I think I will end up sitting in it too at this rate!!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby MiaS » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:53 pm

I also get problems with my eyes, sometimes I get blurred vision i've had a test for diabetes and been to the optician both ok, so am wondering if its connected to FM and the neck/shoulder stiffness. Hope your'e coping with things now.
MiaS
UKFM Member

Postby pogster » Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:12 am

Hi
2 years before fibro diagnosis I was finding glare to be a huge problem and I begged my optician to give me glasses just to reduce this. Now I know this was a fibro symptom but didn't at the time as I knew little of the condition then. The anti-glare was great, especially when driving. I now have a small prescription, have reactors and the anti-glare.
Us fibromites seem to have a weaker immune system so it could be the earache is down to it, but agree that you should get it checked out as it could just be the start of an ear infection.
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Postby loubie » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:37 pm

hi jemma :wave:
i have lots of probs with eyes too and on real bright days have to have sun glasses on
i also have ear ache and its my fibro most of the time but i do get eczema in my ears too
and they can be very itchy

but as others have said get checked out.

neck stiffness is horrible, and very painful so that's why you are grumpy

we are in pain 24/7 so its only natural we are going to be grumpy
but if its getting real bad talk to your gp :hugs:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby sherry » Sun Sep 25, 2011 1:27 pm

Now i thought i was going mad saying it sounds as though the back of my neck was crackling and a sudden pain shoot up my neck into my right ear never my left. i try and snuggle into anything warm sometimes it works. Mood swings i have to try and bite my tongue when at work but when at home i cannot control it when hubbys around. He does think i am behaving like a spoilt brat sometimes but if i cannot understand it myself so how can he. He is going away for a few days with work and i cannot tell him i am sorry because i am still het up. :swear1: :swear1: :swear1: :tongueout: :tongueout:
sherry
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:33 pm

What about writing him a letter sherry?? You could put everything down and explain things to him, as well as letting him know how you feel about him :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping