[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - INSOMNIA/ SLEEP ISSUES

INSOMNIA/ SLEEP ISSUES

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

INSOMNIA/ SLEEP ISSUES

Postby sjc » Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:24 pm

:crazy: HI THERE FOLKS. HOPE YOU ARE DOING OK. I am having issues with my sleep, especially for the last few years....At one time, I used to suffer with really bad fatigue....But for the past few months, I completely changed - I cannot sleep at nighttime....From about 2 in the morning, I wake up and cannot get back to sleep.....I suddenly get anxious and resltless.....I try to rest in bed, but I feel so restless and agitated, it doing my head in.....The gp has put me on amtriplyine today, so hopefully they will.....But I am getting fed up of not sleeping propally....Anybody else suffer with insomnia? What could I do to solve the issue. Thanks folks. :twodrinking1:
sjc
UKFM Member

Re: INSOMNIA/ SLEEP ISSUES

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 pm

I haven't had a decent night's sleep in over 11 years, since FM started to appear, so I can understand where you're coming from with this :facepalm: :facepalm: Over time I've tried sleeping pills, which didn't really help as I reacted to them very strangely. I've tried those OTC sleeping things, including the herbal variants and all they did was give me trippy dreams :yikes: :yikes:

I did a sleep reestablishing scheme where I went to bed at the same time each night, if I couldn't fall asleep within 20 mins, then I got up again and did something very boring and unstimulating for 15 mins, then went to bed and started the cycle off again :facepalm: :facepalm: Regardless of how I felt or how much/little sleep I had, I had to get up at the same time every morning and stick rigidly to the timings :shock: :shock: After a couple of months trying this, there was some improvement........................in the size of my ironing pile as that was the most boring and unstimulating thing I could find to do :tongueout: :tongueout:

I tried amis, but found the dry mouth side effect too much to cope with, hopefully they'll be OK for you and help with your sleep and pain :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby tnissan38 » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:09 pm

I am going through it now and have been for some time . in the day feel like i am that exausted could fall in a heap but night no chance . Watching the clock go round really does make you agitated . I have just had my gabapentin up to 300mg for bed first time will be tonight so will see what happens . I have tried amitryp did nothing for me and sleeping tablets which might give me 2 or 3 hours sleep but still feel shocking next day . H ope you find something that helps you . tracey xx
tnissan38
UKFM Member

Postby Nellyphant » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:45 pm

I haven't had a decent nights sleep for as long as I can remember. At least 1977 - I'm not joking. My husband can verify the last 14 years of that. Ami's help me fall asleep but I'm awake after about 1-2 hours normally.

Ami's do help a lot of people more than they do me, but I've had it for such a long time and insomnia seems to be something the females in my family suffer from that I think I'm just a pretty severe case.

Hope you catch some zzzzzzzzzzz's soon.
Nellyphant
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Hi I have serious problems with sleep but cant take ami's unfortuantly, :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: you manage to get some decent sleep soon :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FairyFeller » Thu Sep 01, 2011 4:44 pm

I hadn't had a decent nights sleep for at least 20 years but that's all changed since I started on Mirtazapine. I think I've slept really well every night since I started on it 2 months ago. I told my GP at my review appt that I didn't care if it took 20 years off my life (it won't), the quality of sleep I'm getting is amazing even if the dreams a a bit too vivid sometimes.
FairyFeller
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:19 am

I have heard people saying that about Mirtazapine, re the vivid dreams. Glad it is working well for you.

I have variable nights, some nights I am out like a light, other nights i am tossing and turning for hours. Even if I take a sleeping tablet that doesn't seem to guarantee a good night, same with valerian tea. One night I had a strong mug of valerian tea, felt really doped up but then lay awake for hours in bed.

Last night I was kept awake a lot due to a faulty fan in the downstairs flat. Trying to get hold of the landlord to sort it as the flat is empty and he is in the middle of refurb. It was bearable until about 3am when it stepped up a few gears.

Why does it do this when I have a big day planned?
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

INSOMNIA/ SLEEP ISSUES

Postby caterpillar » Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:27 am

I was awake til about 4am this morning... Now I have to go to work til 7pm... I want to cry :-(
caterpillar
UKFM Member

Postby Sazzle » Tue Sep 13, 2011 6:11 pm

Feeling surprisingly good today considering. Found out this morning when landlord turned up to carry on maintenance work that the grinder he had turned off last night had short circuted and had worked its way off the bench and had sawn through a door and was munching the carpet.

I will pay for today tomorrow no doubt as went into London. Sleeping tablets tonight methinks.
Alannis Morisette if you don't want those 10,000 spoons I have a knife, wanna swap?
Sazzle
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping