[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Crawling skin

Crawling skin

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Crawling skin

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:30 pm

Hi guys,

I keep meaning to post this, but forget everytime. I left a sticky note this morning!

Does anyone else get the crawling skin feeling? I seem to have it somewhere pretty much all the time. I am arachnophobic so I always think there is a spider on me!

Does anyone have any tips on reducing it? It is all over my body, not at once though thankfully. I even feel it in my scalp.

Cheers.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Crawling skin

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Sep 01, 2011 8:40 pm

I get the crawling skin sensation as well, it's completely random as to where it can happen and when it does it :facepalm: :facepalm: I haven't found any way of controlling/reducing it, I just have to wait for it pass :facepalm: :facepalm:

Sorry not much help, at least you know it's not just affecting you tho :? :?

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby siennasbreeze » Thu Sep 01, 2011 10:39 pm

Hi

I frequently get the crawling skin feeling on my scalp.My G.P has told me that its due to the fact that you have lots of nerve endings on your scalp.The feeling that I get he says is that of the nerves on my scalp being irritated by the pain radiating up from my neck.(my neck and shoulders are agony at the moment).
The only thing I find that helps a little is by popping one of those warm microwavable wheat bags either on my head of the back of my neck.

I hope this is of use to you.

Kind Regards and very gentle hugs x
siennasbreeze
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:57 am

Hi
I hate the crawling skin feeling too i am always rubbing my arms thinking i have something on them. :dunno: how to stop it.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby loubie » Fri Sep 02, 2011 6:56 pm

yep it just drives me nuts :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:
hate it!
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby denys » Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Oh yeah horrible feeling :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Lindsays82 » Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 pm

yep drives me bloody nuts :roll: :swear1:

hope it eases soon for you
x
Lindsay

JUST BECAUSE I LOOK NORMAL TO YOU IT DOESN'T MEAN I AM NOT IN PAIN OR BEING LAZY!
Lindsays82
UKFM Member

Postby sherry » Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:23 pm

Know how you can feel I call mine ants I usually get them when I am trying to relax. I thought I was going mad looking for a rash or thinking I have an allergy. I only get my information from guys like you or reading things on the net no good going to my surgery they are hopeless
sherry
UKFM Member

Postby Ninja » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:09 am

I get that. it woke me twice in one night it was so bad on my face and I thought there were spiders on my face.
I get it a lot in my feet and my scalp too. it can be scary sometimes.
Life isn't about surviving the storm, it's learning how to dance in the rain
Ninja
UKFM Member

Crawling skin

Postby Lorrie82 » Wed Sep 14, 2011 5:04 am

Yer I gets this too . I mainly get it on my legs and I go into a panic thinking that something is crawling up them.xxx
Lorrie82
UKFM Member

Postby sherry » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:39 pm

had it today luckily i was at work. I have itched my arms and the back of my neck red raw. Honestly i tried to make my collegues understand what we have to go though. I am sure they still did not understand :banghead:
sherry
UKFM Member

Postby *Hope* » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:43 pm

My Aunt suffered with this for months, one day while in a chinese medicine shop with a friend who was being treated there she spoke about it. She was given a tiny tablet which had something in it that came from ants......she has never felt the 'ant' feeling again. Apparently they told her that you should treat your problem with the problem!!
*Hope*
UKFM Member

Postby JemmaB88 » Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:45 am

Thats interesting! I will have to ask the local chinese medicine shop about that.... Thanks!
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby *Hope* » Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:31 am

No Problem. Let me know how you get on xx
*Hope*
UKFM Member

Postby jenniferm202 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:33 am

I get this alot , Usually I just rub it and it's ok , might not work for you though xx
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping