[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Escaping

Escaping

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Escaping

Postby pauline » Sun Oct 21, 2007 1:02 am

:D Once upon a time on this board we, being the crazy lot that posted frequently, invented a place called the fibro cafe. It was a virtual escape to a place in which we all felt a feeling of peace, a little oasis away from fibro for a while. We talked about how we would decorate the place, how we would furnish it, the food we would prepare if we were there in person, what type of music or tv programme that would be on at a particular time of the day. Sometimes silly, trivial things that definately weren't associated with the pain and daily trauma of coping with fibro. I felt contributing to the postings a little bit of fun and I know that it helped me to take my mind of the pain for just a little while. Reading recent postings I find myself wondering how everyone else using this site copes on a day to day basis with their problems. What do you find to escape?
Would love to hear from everyone...............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

coping

Postby Mini1mum » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:32 pm

Hi Pauline,
The Cafe you speak of sounds a good idea, I obviously was not around when you used to do it as it's news to me.
I spend my time (when not looking after grandchildren or sleeping) doing sudoku on line and playing mahjong online, it is sort of mindless and I find that first thing in the morning it gets the brain working and passes time if I am up too early to go about my daily routine of the school run (grandchildren). I also love whatching Bob Ross doing his oil painting so I tape his 30min programmes on discovery realtime at 9am monday to friday, his voice is brilliant to go to sleep by, he just talks away in the background and the results he gets with a 2 inch paint brush are just amazing. I also like oil painting but can't do it as often as I would like and pay dearly for the pleasure for days after so can't always face picking up the paint brush. :cry:
Joan (mini1mum)
Mini1mum
UKFM Newbie

escaping

Postby cat123 » Tue Oct 23, 2007 1:27 am

i escape all summer long and a bit in the winter ,my husband is a viking reanacter.he takes me to loverley castles and muddy fields all over the country.i spends hours making his clothes.i have to grit my teeth on long journeys,but he does stop every hour for me ,to get out of the car and move about .yes this mad fibro newbie can be found in a viking tent sat on sheep skins doin her sewing and educating joe public about viking history.its another world.pure fantasy.did i mention we also do medevil shows in between viking shows.now thats another story.............
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:46 am

:D Never had a viking posting on the board before. Sounds fantastic.
I just cant get my head around soduku and my brain cells wont function to do crosswords, fibro fog gets in the way. The answer is always on the tip of my tongue and comes to me in the middle of the night
when it's no darned use any more. I can be found at the computer in the early hours of the morning doing jigsaws on the net. I used to love crafts of all kinds. quilling, decoupage, jewellery making but find my fingers aren't as nimble as they once were due to carpel tunnel problems and if I look down for to long my neck hurts, I get a headache and the room spins, but I do occassionally still give them a go..............pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:17 am

most of the sewing for viking stuff is thick wool,its easy work with.so is the tread i use. i rarlely paint these days,so i needed something to occupy me.i was a scout leader for years so i have allways had crafts on the go.must be so frustrating having a problam with your hands.i had this in the early days of fibro.cant peel spuds though now.just latley cant write with a pen.i know it will improve over time ,as long as i keep trying to write,it will improve.do others find that this works for them?
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:31 pm

:D I bought a pen that was a little thicker than a normal biro and had a rubber grip around the barrel, this helped a lot with the pain and actually holding the pen. May be worth a try.......................pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby cat123 » Mon Oct 29, 2007 10:27 pm

i went to a living history fair at weekend.they were selling cheap sheepskins.if you cant sit comfy,try one on your chair.you can cut them in half so you can get two seat pads out of one skin.they wash well on a low temp machine wool wash.great on car journeys.they help with blood circulation.buy the thickest you can afford.maybe father chrismas will bring you one.ikea sell them.a bit dearer but wait til you try it...take care ....cat
cat123
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:44 am

:) Hi cat, my daughter bought me a sheepskin bless her. I have been suffering with pain over the past few days and have been sitting on the skin. It has helped my lower back, can't believe the heat it generates, makes my skin a bit itchy though, but thanks for the tip...........pauline
pauline
UKFM Member

Postby Mini1mum » Wed Nov 07, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi Pauline,
Please can you tell me where you do jigsaws online? Or did you mean that you are doing jigsaws at the same time as being online? :?
The sheep skin sounds good. :D
Joan (mini1mum)
Mini1mum
UKFM Newbie

Postby KateXXXXXX » Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:46 am

Kate XXXXXX R.C.T.Q Madame Chef des Trolls
Lady Catherine, Wardrobe Mistress of the Chocolate Buttons
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
KateXXXXXX
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:23 am

pauline
UKFM Member

Postby pauline » Fri Nov 09, 2007 11:34 am

pauline
UKFM Member

time away to escape

Postby princess » Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:48 pm

Bejeweled 2 - wonderful but hard on the hands
Sorry to repeat myself Card Making with kits from QVC -birthday and xmas presents from everyone now.
princess
UKFM Regular

Postby shelly36 » Sun May 11, 2008 6:41 pm

shelly36
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping