has anyone started obsessive habits to cope?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

has anyone started obsessive habits to cope?

Postby animalhouse » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:37 pm

not sure if the heading is right but, i have just come back from a trip to tescos.

i think this is worrying as it isthe 2nd time i have been today and i have become obsessed with bargains/couponing and after reading a forum i could not wait until the morning.

i seem to have become obsessed with this to occupy my brain when i am not too fatigued or in pain. for example after my hydro last wednesday i have been in pain and it has been worse around my shoulders and neck which is unusal as its normally my lower back but we did some new resistance exercises pushing down on a float. so i have not been out since then apart from swimming once on saturday, but then it was more out of guilt wanting to do something with the kids and did not really feel like it.

then today i went out for the first time in a year and took my son to a homeschool group i stopped on way to do a bit of shopping and got a bargain cat fod. came back and feeling really sore but after a few hours recovering in the evening we watched abit of tellly so i could lay on sofa to recover, but then looked online and spotted somemore bargains and could not ressist going out again.

its not thati do ths all the time asi really don;t feel up to it, but it is when i am half normal i cant seem to stop myself then i have come back wondering what have i bought.

it occured to me on the way home that i need something to occupy myself in short bursts as i have about an hour max. energy in one block thne that is it. normally in my old life this would have been work/studies, i was always busy as we were self employed.

now i cant believe i have justdone this now, then tomorrow i have to face hydro again and another week in bed/on the settee.
has this hapened to anyone else. the bargain seems to be my only buzz in life now, thn the flat after. and soreness when you get home.
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Re: has anyone started obsessive habits to cope?

Postby denys » Tue Sep 13, 2011 11:49 pm

No sorry animalhouse, but I know what you mean about having to keep occupied in short bursts to keep your mind off things :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby tireesix » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:42 am

I have OCD issues, don't think its fibro related though.............

I hate shopping, I can go into a shop with a list (if I have remembered the list) and the ruddy store has changed everythign around, and I stand there kinda dumbstruck and even though I have a list, I don't seem to be able to read whats on the list and come home with a jumble of stuff that you can't make a meal out of.......... Its like, total overload when a shop changes its stuff around and they do it on a regular basis......... So, if ever you are in Exeter and see somone standing in the middle of a shop with a list just wandering around in circles with odd items in a shopping trolley, that would be me.

My worst problem was keys, I had to keep checking I had my keys, over and over and over again. Anyway, I was in a charity shop a while back and I came across this bag, its got a key ring you can clip into the main part. So, now my keys are on the that key ring and clipped into my bag. I haven't had an issue since!!!!!!! Fantastic bag.......
Katie X
tireesix
UKFM Member

Postby Azz » Wed Sep 14, 2011 11:25 am

I do not think that Fibro brings on OCD, but I can see how the stress of OCD would bring on Fibro.
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby toniah13 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:48 am

i understand exactly what you mean i am the same, i dont think that ist is obsessive its just hard to find something you can do without to much stress or pain so once you have and you know you can and think to yourself well i done it that wernet too bad you sort of automatically put it into your routine that you know you can do it so when you feel up to it you will, if that makes sence :) xxx
toniah13
UKFM Newbie

Postby animalhouse » Sun Oct 09, 2011 10:15 am

not had any money for past couple of weeks so not been looking at money saving sites, but just got paid again yesterday so am trying to resist the urge to spend it all within a few days.

was looking up open university stuff last night as would like to do something there.

don;t know how i would manage though i rarely have mental input to string a paragraph toegether nevermind a whole essay.

would liek to do something though so have not wasted 18 months of nursing
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping