[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Travel tips

Travel tips

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Travel tips

Postby Clare68 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:59 pm

Hello everyone :wave:
I am going on holiday next week, it's a 7hr flight. I have the travel socks, the neck pillow, the comfy husband and the inclination for a few G & T's, i think i have it all covered, has anyone got any goodtips? I was also thinking of asking if i could board first or last as we all know it's carnage when everyone piles onto the plane, and getting jolted and banged about will certainly increase the pain on a long flight. What do you think? has anyone on here ever asked? :)

Thanks x
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Re: Travel tips

Postby loubie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:29 pm

hi clare :wave:
i have not asked about being boarded first or last so :dunno:
if you don't want to ask then just hang back when they call your flight
and when your in the (cattle hold) as i call it :lol: they do usually
call front then back of plain,but just hang back again
then you can go at your own pace :lol:

have a lovely time :wave: and just relax and all will be fine :wave:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 3:34 pm

Make sure you've got the meds you need, as well as any top ups that might be needed, in your hand luggage, as well as a drink to take them. Try to get up and walk round if it's possible so that you hopefully don't stiffen up too much :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

And the final and very important thing........................................................................................................... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Clare68 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:19 pm

:lol: Nope sorry just my lovely husband and myself on this holiday. We booked it back in Febuary before condition got worse most probably would'nt of booked somewhere so far away if i would of known i was this bad. I deterioted fast in April and have been on sick leave from work since then. Hoping to go back when i get home from holiday, my boss is coming around on Friday so hopefully we can iron somethings out. Can't wait for this holiday as my husband works away all week and we have'nt had anytime together since our last holiday last November...I am very lucky we have 3 fantastic daughters twins of 19, and a 20 year old who are very responsible and we don't have the stress of worrying about the house. I do have to leave them a reminder to feed and walk the dog though, poor thing last time we found out his daily walk consisted of a ride in the car every evening :roll: :wave:
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 6:23 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:08 pm

Flup, come on lets sneak, she'll never notice :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:12 pm

Got it planned out denys, we go to the airport, find the luggage and hide in it :clap: :clap: :clap: TaDah :!: :!: We're on hollibobs 8) 8) 8)

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:16 pm

See you there :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Clare68 » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:38 pm

HAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Your mad the pair of you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now i see why someone 'Welcomed me to the Nuthouse' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:41 pm

hehehe its the only thing that keeps us 'sane' :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: Enjoy your trip hope its brilliant from start to finish :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 9:47 pm

If we weren't just a little bit :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: :crazy: everyone would be wondering if they'd come to the right place :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hope it's the bestist hollibobs ever :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :blowkiss: :grouphug: :grouphug: :grouphug:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby loubie » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:02 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: told ya it was the nut house :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
i am the sane one :D

FLUP....DENYS..... have ya packed for me..........i on me way..... :penguin:
loubie xx

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are
no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of
UKFibromyalgia.
loubie
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Sep 21, 2011 10:15 pm

SSSHHHhhhhhhhh don't shout loubie, we've got clare thinking we're going to let her go with hubby while we stay here. What she doesn't know is that was part of the plan :D :D :D Now she believes we're staying here, we can sneak into the luggage and off we go to a warm and sunny paradise 8) 8) 8) 8)

Everything is ready and packed, there's spaces for all of us, so

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Clare68 » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:27 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck on trying to squeeze into my over packed suitcase, just to make sure though i will ask them to send it through xray before they load it on the plane. Don't want to get arrrested for aiding and abetting lunatics in their break for freedom : :lol: :lol: :lol:
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Thu Sep 22, 2011 12:07 pm

I have a great tip for you clare always take an extra suitcase with you so there is room for us to sneak away with you. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

When you check in find out how far away the boarding gate is away, some gates can be a 20minute walk :shock: if you walk with a stick or have trouble walking you could ask for help in getting to the gate and they also take you right to the plane and when you get to the other side you will get a buggy waiting for you and again on the return journey.

Have a fab holiday :clap: :clap:
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping