[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Travel tips

Travel tips

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Re: Travel tips

Postby Clare68 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:05 pm

Well sorry to say back to the cold :cry: Did'nt bother to ask to board the flight first and still managed to be the first passenger on the plane there and back :lol: Lucky going out we had a spare seat on our row so was able to spread out...and a little word in our lovely reps ear we managed to get the same on the flight home...Made alot of difference. :D
The sun though was a different matter, it was hotter than i had ever experienced in any country before and the heat seemed to make my pains worse, but the water was a great help. We had a salt water pool and after a good long float in that several times a day i felt very relaxed...
Clare x
Clare68
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Wed Oct 26, 2011 2:28 pm

:wave: glad you had a lovely holiday Clare
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby fredellarby » Mon May 07, 2012 3:23 am

Holidays are good for you. They're even better for me!!!
A couple of suggestions; Move around on the plane, including gettiup and walking. Let the staff know so they won't bug you. I once stood in the doorway (hatch?)) most of the way to Europe.
You may want to switch the G&T's for water and juice, they're not as much fun but easier on the system.
Enjoy, don't overstress, but sometimes the event is worth the later pain. We went Ziplining in Hawaii, on a lucky good day. Crawled around the next day.
fredellarby
UKFM Member

Postby TATT » Mon May 07, 2012 7:42 am

I have just woke up in Tenerife and my friend is still sleeping but woke by nightmares. Anyway what I did was drink loads of water and when I got here I had a bath. To re hydrate as well as soothe and warm muscles. Really helped. Airport was painful like being in an audible circus. The noise and people bumping into me, felt like they had no spatial awareness it was helped buy buying EARPLUGS. Was looking forward to the plane but I had a small boy kicking my chair 95% of time. Mum was unable to control so I put up with it as my friend was sitting next to the most chattest man. Extraordinary experience. My butrans patches are working great fir the pain and I get no breakthrough pain so VERY happy. No pain since Friday :). I am happy to be here and seeing my daughter who lives here. I know how much you guys need the warmth so sending you my warmest regards.
TATT xxx
TATT
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm

Have a good holiday Tatt :wave: :bear-dancing:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Previous

Return to Help / Tips on Coping