[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Awful fatigue - advice

Awful fatigue - advice

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Awful fatigue - advice

Postby pogster » Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:18 pm

I am 3 weeks into time off work with fibro back pain which has sent me into a flare and now I have unrelentless fatigue. :snore1: I'm just not coping despite attempting to do a task for each third of the day to try to get back to a routine to get back to work next week. At the moment an hour spent shopping is all I can manage and then I sleep for rest of day or need to at least lie down. I am SO very frightened of losing my job due to sick leave and don't know what to do. Seeking your urgent advice/help/tips re my future. :fingerscrossed:
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Re: Awful fatigue - advice

Postby shazq » Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi
Normally fatigue is just your bodies way of telling you to slow down and rest, its very hard to beat fatigue, its best to just go along with it, i have been fighting it for the last 4 months, i find everything a struggle my body just does not want work.

Sorry i have no tips for you. hope you get better soon. :hugs:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:45 pm

I'm struggling with fatigue as well pogster :facepalm: :facepalm: Everything just seems to drain me. Like shaz has said, I just try and ride it out, rest when I need it, often falling asleep during the afternoon :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: Then start again when I'm ready to carry on.

Sorry, no advice from me either, apart from listen to what your body is saying, just do what you can only for as long as you can, and hopefully things will start to settle back down for you :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby cherryblossom » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:35 am

Hi. I get really bad fatigue too, to the point of unexpected immediate exhaustion :snore1: . It just hits me and there's nothing I can do about it. So far the only thing I have found that helps is just to do what my body tells me and sleep. It's not always convenient which makes it harder :crazy: . I've found trying to battle thru it is extremely difficult and really makes me worse. Sometimes I will nod off once or twice in the day, for a couple of hours even, and still be tired at bedtime. But I've found there's no use fighting against it :nono: , just go with it. :hugs: :snore1: Take care. Cherry x
cherryblossom
UKFM Member

Postby pogster » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:30 pm

Thanks guys. It helps to know that others feel just like me. :sick:
Diagnosed with FM 22/3/11[/img]
pogster
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Pogster instead of a task such as shopping for an hour which would wipe out a fit person this time of year :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: try something a bit less taxing and for less time, then rest in other words pace even if you ask the doc for a phased return to work if you arent quite ready next week :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping