[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Jelly legs

Jelly legs

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Jelly legs

Postby diddydani » Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:57 am

Hi everyone

I wondered if anyone has found a way to deal with Jelly legs (as I call them) or fizzy limbs? I have got most of my pain under control with rest and meds but this peculiar sensation reduces me to tear s some days. Sometimes I feel it from the minute I open my eyes - not just after physical activity.

any suggestions would be appreciated

dX
diddydani
UKFM Member

Re: Jelly legs

Postby denys » Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:32 pm

Sorry I dont know what to do either I use hot water bottles to try to stop the sensation but it doesnt help much :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby pixiecat » Mon Nov 28, 2011 1:58 pm

Hi

I too get that yelly leg feeling, infact it got me on saturday night had been sat with my feet up, right leg tucked under my bum,
decided to get up and wam my left leg decided to go on holiday!! :yikes:
so there I was in slow motion falling sideways like a tree being felled, and calling to my hubby to try to catch me before I
fell into the furniture, before he got to me I came to my senses and dropped on my bum :lol:
when hubby tried to pick me up I couldnt stand leg was still away, but it got us laughing about the whole thing :lol: :lol:
I have had the feeling off and on for a while like someone has knocked the back of my knee and its buckled its so worrying that
when you are out or alone it will collapse and leave you stuck or hurt.
I have no idea how to get past it, but your not on your own with this one

Lorraine
pixiecat

Postby diddydani » Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:43 pm

Thanks, I guess Im lucky that I work from home so if Im feeling wobbly I wont go out so no chance of collapsing in public, just onto the cat.
Doc didnt seem to fussed about my legs not working, in fact didnt even let me finish my sentence, just kept overriding with, 'give the tablets more time...'

Dx
diddydani
UKFM Member

Postby Roseofsharon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 am

IF there is help for that one then I would sure like to know about it, as my legs seem to constantly go on holiday. IT's not fun is it?! All I need to do some days is just stand up and they're gone. I'm sooooooo glad that I read through an old thread here as I was beginning to wondder if I was imagining it.

Btw Diddidani I don't think my cat would be very impressed if I fell on him, he's getting quite anti-social lately.
Roseofsharon
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:14 pm

Hi
I have had a few falls because my legs go to jelly, they feel weak and just collapse, I hold on to the furniture and walls in the house and use a walking stick for balance, my stick has saved me a few times from falling, I always keep one in the car and never go out without it now.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby difly » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:40 am

Hi well i never did imagine jelly legs was associated to fibro ?? was beginin to think this was somethin else , the jelly legs started a couple of weeks ago when I thought I needed a suger rush so there ii was drinkin the sweetest drink i could get ,apart from that i get the greatest urge to sit down ,have been usin leg strenghten exersises mainly tryin to balance and strengthen legs ,apart from this ,carnt think of any other way to control jelly legs ,hope things improve soon take care and stay strong xxxx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby newey » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 pm

Hi every1 I suffer bad with jelly legs they also feel dead and numb and I ofen find myselv on the floor coz of it and I also find me and husband laughin about it I use crutchs 2 help support me wen walkin as I find it more suppoirt then a stick
newey
UKFM Member

Postby sky 1 » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:23 pm

I to have the jely legs feals like im going to colapes all the time i also get this fealing all over my body that im shakinglike jelly realy hard to explan. drives me nuts
sky 1
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping