[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Anyone any experience of Tempur memory mattresses?

Anyone any experience of Tempur memory mattresses?

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Anyone any experience of Tempur memory mattresses?

Postby Bigbrowndog » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:04 pm

Greeting and salutations to you all - I was wondering if anyone had tried a Tempur memory foam mattress? I've currently got a memory foam mattress topper which seemed to be ok but lately I've been waking up really early in a lot of pain and barely able to move.

The Tempur mattresses are horribly expensive but I would be willing to pay out if it would make a difference.

Thank you. :wine:
Bigbrowndog
UKFM Member

Re: Anyone any experience of Tempur memory mattresses?

Postby gizsam » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:10 pm

Ive got a cheaper version of tempur mattress,i love memory foam mattress wouldnt go back to a normal mattress now,i didnt go with tempur cause of the cost,and the make i have is doing a good job.....

cat
gizsam
UKFM Member

Postby Bigbrowndog » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:15 pm

Thanks Cat, I think I'll need to shop around abit. Other half seems ok about getting dragged around our local furniture store so......

Cheers,

Sharon
Bigbrowndog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Nov 30, 2011 2:38 pm

We've got a memory foam mattress, altho it isn't a Tempur one. Like :cat2: I wouldn't go back to a normal one either, as it's so much more comfortable.

If you go and find one in the shops that feels right, if you look online for the same one, you may find it at a better price than in the shops :clap: :clap: :clap:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:08 pm

Me too :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Bigbrowndog » Wed Dec 07, 2011 4:48 pm

Thanks everyone. Went out to look at Tempur and got tempted by them knocking 25% off so invested some silly money on one. Will feedback when I actually get it next week - looking forward to a comfy nights sleep :sleep:
Bigbrowndog
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Wed Dec 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Hope you have some decent nights sleep when you get it sharon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Bigbrowndog » Fri Dec 23, 2011 3:15 pm

Well, feedback for Tempur mattress is extremely favourable. It was very hard to begin with but after a few nights sleep it's made a huge difference to waking up and 'falling' out of bed in pain in the morning. Actually it's impossible to 'fall' out of bed anymore as you get so comfortable and don't want to move!! I can honestly say that I'm not full of aches and pains in the morning and it has made a huge difference. It was a lot of money but I think it was worth it. I had a memory foam mattress topper on my other mattress and because my beloved husband was finding the Tempur a bit on the hard side we put the topper on and both of us are happy. I do have a 'cheap' memory foam mattress on another bed but it's nothing like the Tempur so in short, if you can afford it, it's worth a go

:hohoho1: :hohoho1: :-D
Bigbrowndog
UKFM Member

Postby Tricia_TD » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:47 pm

This might be a silly question, but if you fall asleep, say, on your right side, and the memory mattress remembers that position, what happens when you turn over and lie in a different position :?:

I've wondered about getting a memory mattress, or mattress topper, but this has always puzzled me. :crazy:

Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:58 pm

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Tricia_TD » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:20 pm

So it's not so much a memory mattress, as a moulds-it's-self-around-your-body mattress. That makes sense.
Thanks Fluppy :-D
Tricia
Endometriosis ~ Depression ~ Anxiety ~ Sleep Apnoea ~ Fibromyalgia

Worldwide Endometriosis Support Forum
Tricia_TD
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:36 pm

That's pretty much it Tricia, it wraps itself around and supports you, then slowly goes back to it's original shape when the weight is shifted.

Been Googling the stuff, and found all sorts of nerdy, geeky info, such as the stuff initially developed for NASA wasn't suitable to be used in space because of a gas that it released, nor was it suitable for using as a mattress as it was too hard and broke down over time.

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby Azz » Fri Dec 23, 2011 8:59 pm

My daughter has one, and although I have never slept on it I did try it out and found it to be comfortable, so will be investing in it when I win the lottery :lol:
Hannah xx

To live life to the full, is to be true to myself. By being true to myself I live life to the full :)
Azz
UKFM Member

Postby mexus » Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:36 pm

When I bought my memory foam matteress, I went to the shop and tried each bed to see which one suited me, we were there for hrs, but I found one that was fine, now I would not use anything else.
mexus
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping