[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Positive Turnaround - I'm not in control not FM!

Positive Turnaround - I'm not in control not FM!

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Positive Turnaround - I'm not in control not FM!

Postby orlandosunshine » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:15 pm

Dear All, i've not posted for ages. Last time I did was in July 2011 when I was having hell at work after cutting down to part time, suffering the financial consequences and dealing with a manager who had no clue what so ever how much pain I was in, let alone how much FM had wrecked my life. I gave in and left my job and from absolute scratch have started my own business doing something I love so I can work from home. I don't earn much at the moment which can be a struggle but I can't emphasize enough how important the lifestyle change has been to me. Now when I have a rubbish day, I don't feel guilty and don't have to call a manager! I can use those days to work on my website and take things easy. Its also given me time to start exercising and losing weight, being able to take the next day more easy as I know the exercise classes will impact on me.

In December, I made a conscious announcement that 2012 would be my year. So far it has! Just wanted to give everyone a positive story for once. I'm in control now, no manager to fret over!! I've managed to lose 20 lbs with a completely changed diet, and now I feel ready to say to FM i'm in charge!!!

All this is not to say I don't have my bad days, somedays I wake up and start a mental assessment of what areas hurt most.....I give up when I get to 9!! Take care everyone and don't ever give up :-D
orlandosunshine
UKFM Member

Re: Positive Turnaround - I'm not in control not FM!

Postby denys » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:53 pm

Hi Orlando nice to have you back and even better with such a positive post. So glad you have managed to start over and make a success of things. Just goes to show never say never. :welldone: :welldone:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby FluppyPuffy » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:36 pm

:woot: :woot: :woot: :welldone: :welldone: :welldone: Orlando, good to hear you've found a way to get some control back from FM :clap: :clap: :clap:

It would be interesting to hear what changes you have made diet~wise that have helped you along the way [chocolate] [chocolate] :cake: :cake:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:54 am

thank you for your encouragement

:flowers:
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Fri Jan 27, 2012 2:44 pm

Its great to hear you are doing well. :wave:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Return to Help / Tips on Coping