HELP :(

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

HELP :(

Postby jenniferm202 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:14 pm

I have been referred to the pain clinic , it sounds really scary to me (being 16) There I will speak to a phycoligist (if that's how you spell it)
I will be getting acupuncture & steroid injections and also 'Lankine patches' ? don't really know anything else about it , can you please comment and tell me a little bit about your experience there , and if they helped.

I also have a problem with going out , I find it hard I don't like the noise & the amount of people and I cant walk for long periods of time , so I don't go out much maybe twice a week even if that its usually in a wheel chair & I hate it , I get really anxious and start sweating around alot of people or people that I don't know does anyone else feel the same ? I thought I had acrophobia but a heard when you have FM you can be sensitive to load noises what do you think ? :roll: :-| :?: :cry: :-?
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Re: HELP :(

Postby crazycat36 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:00 pm

cant tell u what to expect when u go to the pain clinic as my experience of that was a waste of time as they did nothing for me as for the feelings u get when u go outside that is exactlly how i feel especially when im having a fibro flare it is linked to fibro and being over sensitive to noise and crowds but ive also been diagnossed as suffering from panic attacks when out and about brought on by noise and/or lots of people being around me also when i have to go somewhere knew or somewhere i dont go to very often can cause me to hav a full on panic attack.

its taken me a couple of yrs but finally i can go out without having to carry diaxipan to calm me down, although i still struggle to go to new places myself and will only go if i hav one of my kids with me or a good friend with me....usually once im in the strange surrounding its not to bad but sometimes i still need to get bk to somthing familiar asap befor i have full on panic attack although ive learnt to deal with the sweats as just me being paranoid but i half expect things to get worse again when i get my mobility scooter incase of nasty coments and onthe grounds ur in a wheelchair i think mayb ur also scared incase someone is nasty to u and u cant get away fast enough. but u can over come theses panicy feelings but it is hard its not the first time friends hav heard me muttering away to myself and when they ask what im saying im like just telling myself theres nothing to b worried about and it wont b long till i can go home again....for me this helps i just hope u find somthing useful that can help u over come ur fears as the outside world isnt scarry really although with so many signs and traffic and people in towns it can b to much for some im lucky as i live in a smallish village now and that has been more help than any meds to overcome my fears.
crazycat36
UKFM Member

Re: HELP :(

Postby jenniferm202 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:00 pm

Thanks for your comment :) I'm the same when I'm out all I think is 'i need to get back to my room' because i feel comfortable there & safe , its a weird feeling :roll: :oops:
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping