[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - any advice ? getting annoyed now.

any advice ? getting annoyed now.

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

any advice ? getting annoyed now.

Postby jenniferm202 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 pm

for the past year I have been constantly sweating when I go out or If I am getting ready to go out even though I have had a bath that morning or the night before , I have got a fan in my room on full speed at all time's and my window is always I repeat always opened , even at night !
when I go out its sooo embarrassing , I sweat. anywhere I go , out with Craig , my mum... I sweat.

I don't know why and it is really annoying me :oops: I change up to three time's a day because of it :oops: :(

any advice ??
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Re: any advice ? getting annoyed now.

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:18 pm

Its fibro! Have had this dreadful problem for years! Fibro folkes can't regulate their temperature properly,some meds do increase the problem tho :-(

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby jenniferm202 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:23 pm

my Boyfriend has booked us for benidorm this june , oh god :( :( :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:56 pm

Dont worry its a different type of heat :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby jenniferm202 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 1:08 pm

what do you mean denny ?xx :lol:
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby shazq » Fri Feb 03, 2012 2:23 pm

Hi
Fibro`s find it hard to control their body temperature, our thermostat is broken, we are either to hot or cold. I always have cold hands and feet.

I feel the cold if i go outside but as soon as i go into a shop i will sweat.
I sweat when i do house chores but i am worse in the summer. when i have to sit in front of a fan.

There is nothing you can do about it, its part of fibro. :(
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby Adele » Fri Feb 03, 2012 3:06 pm

hi jenny, i have the same problem. i an have a cool shower and then can't get dry as i just keep perspiring. avoiding changes in temperature helps. when you're shopping going to an indoor shopping centre should help. wear thin layers so that you can adjust as necessary. i also swear by 'mitchum advanced control 48 hour strength and protection unperfumed anti-perspirant'. it is sold everywhere and is one of the hardest working anti-p's on the market.

body hair increases body odour. keeping body hair as short as possible will help keep you fresh. keep baby wipes and anti-p on you to freshen up as necessary. the link below is the razor i use. a razor at one end for under arms and legs and a battery operated trimmer at the other for the bikini area. it is safe enough to use without having to look.(i have a neck problem and can't look down like that).
http://wilkinsonsword.co.uk/women/showr ... men_bikini
A x
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm

The heat abroad tends to be drier than heat here, so is less uncomfortable there than here. Hopefully wherever you are going you will have access to a pool and so wont sweat
Denys

denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby fibro-lu » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 pm

tea out of sage reduces sweatting
the sage in the herb shelf will do the job too
all the best :cow-wave: Lu
Mind over Matter: in mind I'm Wonderwoman - in matter, well, - don't mind, doesn't matter
fibro-lu
UKFM Regular

Postby shelleydwales » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:47 pm

I also use mitchum,it's the only thing that works!!

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby fredellarby » Sat May 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Check your meds.
On holiday, I couldn't get from our hotel room to the lobby without going back to change.
I had 3 of all my shirts. When I went out, i'd take two spares.
It turned out to be a side effect of the Welbutrin I was taking.
After stopping the Welbutin, the sweating quickly stopped.
fredellarby
UKFM Member

Postby Elspeth » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:52 pm

Hiya,

I posted something about sage before, seriously, you should try it. You can buy sage tablets from holland and barret and they really work for reducing sweating. I used to have to change 4 or 5 times a day and now I hardly ever get the sweats- I took sage pills for two weeks.

Hope it works for you!
Elspeth
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:01 pm

Thanks for the tip Elspeth. I'm not sure if the OPs are still active on here, as I haven't seen them for quite a while. With you adding it now tho, currently active members may find it helps them :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Return to Help / Tips on Coping