[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - is this meant to happen all the time ???

is this meant to happen all the time ???

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

is this meant to happen all the time ???

Postby jenniferm202 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:42 pm

Every time I eat my belly bloats twice the size , and in the morning when I first eat it really hurt's
I took a picture to show my OT and told my doctor and they didn't say anything.
Once I was kept in hosp because of it , I've had 3 ultra sounds and nothing show's :crazy: :roll:
its really uncomfortable and make's me look heavier than I am :(
and it take's a while to go down
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Re: is this meant to happen all the time ???

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:15 pm

It sounds like it could be something like Irritable Bowel Syndrome - http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/irritable- ... ction.aspx

You should go back to your GP. It could be caused by other conditions such as thyroid problem or an allergy (or intolerance) to something so you need to rule those out. If you have other problems with it such as bleeding when you go to the loo, constipation and/or diarrhoea etc then definitely ask them to look at it again.

Does it flare up with all food, or do some particular foods seem to make it worse?
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby jenniferm202 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Hey thanks for leaving a comment :lol:

I have already being diagnosed with IBS , spicy food set's it off.

but for a while I have been badly constipated :oops: :cry: its sore

my bellies went down a bit now , but it happen's alot :roll:
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:01 pm

it could be your constipation (or ibs). i take gentle laxatives morning and night and i'm usually ok. a while back i went to my gp feeling fluey and sick and couldn't eat and he could feel my impacted bowel just under my ribs. yuck :yikes: i was still going to the ok and i hadn't noticed my extended abdomen because i've gained a lot of weight and don't at my body much.

keep an exact food diary along with your symptoms for 2 weeks, including any bloating, your bowel habits, wind, tummy pain etc. you can also include your meds and any laxatives and antacids you take and your level of activity. this will help your doctor find the cause.

it may be a food intolerance but never cut out a food groups without your doctor's consent. he may recommend an exclusion diet but don't do it alone.
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby jenniferm202 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:06 pm

Thank you , I will do :-D
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:35 pm

It's always worth finding a decent laxative - a lot of meds can cause constipation as well.

Senna is quite good for occasional use I find. So is Lactulose. For more regular use I use Molaxole which is a lemony powder you dissolve in water and drink; for me Lactulose is very sickly to take daily and the Senna just stopped working after a few days. Your GP can prescribe something which won't clash with your meds. I get mine on prescription - you may as well try to get yours on the NHS as I think you should be getting free meds at your age. I think I had to start paying for mine at 21 when I left Uni.

Drinking plenty of fluids and eating a good diet can also help a bit. Sometimes I find the best laxative is just to eat loads of fruit and veg for a few days. I enjoyed two months last summer where I was able to work for a company that gave us free fruit and free drinks (coke, apple juice, 7 types of tea, coffee etc). And free biscuits. Sometimes I was able to get my 5 a day on free fruit alone :mrgreen: And my digestive system liked me for it.
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby jenniferm202 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm

just after having some meat , potatoes and Brussels sprouts and my bellies twice the size again :( :oops: :shock:
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:01 pm

Go to see your doctor, no-one on here is in hte position to give medical advice we are not professionals and could be sending you in the completely wrong direction. Get things sorted properly
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shelleydwales » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:10 pm

You need to make a list for when you go to the gp to make sure you don't leave any information out.
Get everything sorted out soon,i know it's difficult when you've been fobbed off so many times but I really think you need to go back x

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby jenniferm202 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:50 pm

I was only wondering if it was part of FM denny :-D
jenniferm202
UKFM Member

Postby denys » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:12 pm

I know Jen but we cant say that it is or not, FM symptoms overlap with an awful lot of other conditions some a lot more serious than FM so ignoring a symptom just cos someone on here says oh yes I get that could be very dangerous and we as mods have a duty to say as far as we know, no-one on here has undergone training to be a doctor or if they have is in any way able to diagnose a person over the internet.

So in order to make sure it is just FM and nothing more sinister we advise people to visit a doctor not to take medical advice on the web. 9 times out of 10 I'm sure it is just FM but would hate to think that anyone on here was going to be the 10th :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby shazq » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:44 pm

Hi
It could be a number of things, its best to see your gp if its happening after every time you eat.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby top_of_the_world » Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:21 am

Check out the low Fodmap diet. It sounds like it might help you. It. It's out foods that are likely to ferment in the gut making ibs symptoms worse. Definitely worth asking to see a dietician though too.
top_of_the_world
UKFM Newbie

Return to Help / Tips on Coping