[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Feeling very bleh at the moment

Feeling very bleh at the moment

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Feeling very bleh at the moment

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:23 pm

Evening all, I hope we are all feeling ok today.

Just wanted a moan really.

Feeling very peculiar at the moment. Just seem to be feeling quite low, head feels a bit swimmy and can't seem to lift my mood. My mum got married today in a very small and simple ceremony and I just felt like falling asleep the whole day. I slept ok and everything but just feel very lethargic and just cannot be bothered to do a single thing.

I have reduced my amitriptyline down from 20mg to 10mg, which the doctor said was ok. Would this be why I feel so poo? Surely that low dose would not make that much difference? The reason I wanted to lower it was because I was feeling a bit 'hungover' in the mornings and she said it could be the amis. I asked if it would affect me at such a low dose but she said that everyone has a different threshold and I may just be sensitive to it.

I would just like to feel like I did in my teens, before I felt like a prisoner. I am only 23 and my routine is work for 4 hours a day before I get too tired, home, housework, shopping etc then cook dinner then bed. I never go out anymore, my boyfriend is very patient but I don't really feel like boyfriend/girlfriend stuff anymore... especially this week. Poor guy.

Anyway rant over, bed I think.
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Feeling very bleh at the moment

Postby difly » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:14 pm

hi jemmab sorry to hear you are not feeling to good at the mo maybe it is your meds that is havin an impact ?? or maybe you just need a break ?? , yes i can identify with what you say about work and same routine sometimes does feel like we goin around in circles . remember to pace yourself and take time out when you can or pamper yourself , stay strong and take care xx
difly
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:01 pm

If you've only very recently reduced your dosage Jemma, it could be responsible for making you feel so bleurgh at the moment. Even on a low dose, your system does get used to your regular amount, so when the dosage is changed, it can take a while for you to adjust to the new amount. .

Before reducing the amis, did you try taking them at a different time to what you would normally have them?? Some peeps have found that taking them an hour or 2 before they go to bed helps them with the morning~after grogginess, whilst others have found that taking them 12 hours before the time they will be getting up at the following day can help.

If the bleurghy feelings don't start to ease off soon for you, it might be worth seeing your GP, just in case there is something else at work and adding to how you're feeling. Hopefully tho, you'll start to feel vagually more huu~mon soon :fingerscrossed: :fingerscrossed:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby JemmaB88 » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:10 pm

Hi guys,

I think it is just a few things getting on top of me really.
1) My mum got married today, and even though I am really happy for her, I think it has had an effect on me.
2) My dad is getting married in 5 weeks and I am having to be a bridesmaid which I am dreading. I am only doing it for him and I keep telling myself its just one day that I need to be uncomfortable so just buck up!
3) I am getting another cold, yet again.
4) I start my new job on Thursday (its my old job that I left 18 months ago, so not new really) and I think at the back of my mind I am worrying about it a little.
5) Feeling like I am completely out of control. Mood swings (either irritated, anxious or emotional) changing like the wind, feeling guilty that my boyfriend of 4 years is starting to feel a little sidelined (sex drive seem to have gone awol). He understands but I think he must be getting a bit peeved.
6) Lastly my meds. I am going to go back up to 20mg. If I feel pooey again, then I might take 15mg. I started taking them after dinner, which helped a bit but I think I am just run down.

PLAN! - Start taking 20mg earlier, cut out tea :( start drinking green tea, increase exersise to 1 hour a day, have a nap if needed and try not to think about it all anymore. Lol!!

Thanks guys. Sorry for ranting on. Good to get it out though.

xxxxx
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:29 pm

Sounds like you got the startings of a decent, proactive plan Jemma :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

It could well have been everything catching up with you and deciding to floor you all at once, with what you have had and will have happening in the very near future.

Just take things day~by~day, or hour~by~hour and go with how you're feeling. Hopefully then you'll start to find the new balance of things that now suit you.

Tea~wise, you could consider trying Rooibos/Redbush tea as well as the green stuff. Redbush can be drunk like the usual sort of tea with milk an sugar/sweetener/honey in it, and it is full of anti~oxidanty free~radically type stuff. From being a conformed tea belly, I switched to it and now prefer Redbush to the regular stuff :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Mon Feb 13, 2012 11:42 pm

:fingerscrossed: you feel better once you get into your plan Jemma :hugs:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:34 am

Morning all,

Took the 20mg ami's last night and feel a little bit better this morning. Just ache like hell on Earth. Got to wait to get the redbush tea until I do the dreaded shopping trip tomorrow morning. Sounds good to me though so thanks for the tip. The green tea doesn't quite do it for me. I am a PG girl and I LOVE my tea :( Going to miss it.

Thanks for all your advice as always guys :)

x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby shelleydwales » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:56 am

Hi jemma,
20 mg also gives me the hangover effect,i went down to 10 and still get it!! Now I take it at about 5 oclock and feel much better in the mornings!!
Constant flues seem to be part of fibro,i often get flu symptoms befor a flare.
Good luck with the wedding abd I hope you are feeling better soon. Xxxx

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
Shell xxxx

Tomorrow is another day....be brave and smile :-)
shelleydwales
UKFM Member

Postby fredellarby » Mon May 07, 2012 2:48 am

There's a good chance that somewhere on your list of 1-6 you may find the answer. After all that makes 21 in total!
Stress accumulates.
The other thing is your meds. You say you ONLY went from 20 to 10. That's a 50% decrease.
Lots going on there.
fredellarby
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping