Shiatsu Massage Cushion and a big thankyou to my fab dad :)

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Shiatsu Massage Cushion and a big thankyou to my fab dad :)

Postby Posie » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:56 pm

My dad bought me one of these: http://www.debenhams.com/webapp/wcs/sto ... 7029282_-1

... and I can honestly say that it is the most amazing thing! I suffer with chronic pain in my neck and shoulders, headaches and, at times, unbearable joint pain in my arms/shoulder area esp. This piece of kit has helped me no end and has put back a little control in my life. I have two horses and was struggling to cope let alone ride before christmas and was thinking of giving it all up - Now i can go for a little plod and come home and do my routine of physio (on good days :shock: ) hot bath, meds and massage pillow, hot chocolate and bed which seems to be working so far!

Can't thank my dad enough. It really is about the little things, then it makes the biggest difference :) I wanted to share as my physio said it was a fab idea and thought it may help someone out there too :-D

xx
Posie
UKFM Member

Re: Shiatsu Massage Cushion and a big thankyou to my fab dad :)

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:35 am

I bought one of these on amazon after a suggestion from Lola on here

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=12329

They're so effective :) My boyfriend's on his way to my house for the weekend so I need to dig mine out and let him try it, he's going to be well jel lol. Bless your Dad for getting you one - what a lovely idea :-)

How did you get it to work on your shoulders? I've found it great for the back but struggle to position it right for a shoulder massage. I've found I have to hold it in place which hurts after a minute :(
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby lolabolla » Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi Ldyalb,

It is difficult to use on your shoulders I agree, I have found the easiest way to use on my shoulders is to use it in bed. Try popping the cusion onto your usual pillows on your bed and just lie back.............

Heaven

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Posie » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:59 am

Same here - use it on the bed and sometimes pop a pillow under the small of my back which i find really usefull :) x x
Posie
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping