[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Sensitivty

Sensitivty

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Sensitivty

Postby Whogirl » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:56 am

Just wanted to share a little something that helps with the pain in my hands.

When the Fibro first started, I could get by with wearing white cotton gloves. They seemed to act as a barrier between keyboards, the air around me, everything. I wore them to work and did my job with them on. They did bring a lot of comments and questions, so then I set off on a quest to find something a bit more fitting and less attention drawing.

I found these:

Pony Riding Gloves

They are soft cotton, fixed at the wrist (not too tight) and gave light rubber pimples on the palms and inside the fingers. They help with sensitivity and the pimples help with grip! They come in many colours and I wear them most of the time now. They work out around £2.50 a pair and a kind lady on Ebay did me a special price on a job lot (was able to pay for them thanks to DLA!) The colours in the picture are a bit naff, but the ones I have are a lovely Sci Fi blue lol and a nice brown colour. You can get them in lilac and brighter colours etc. I couldn't be without them now.

Hubby bought me a pain of black satin lined leather suede gloves which are great when Im going out somewhere special :-D
"So where to today, Doctor?" Image
Whogirl
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping