Seriously does anything work for the pain

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Carrie77 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:25 pm

I'm hurting so bad right now and seriously don't know what to do anymore.
I'm very sensitive to meds but I e tried tramadol, amitriptyline ,cocodamol etc but nothing works. I'm currently on Pregabalin, only been on it a week so I know it's not in my system yet but I'm in so much pain. My left arm I can't even move it hurts so bad, also my hips groin and legs and my belly a little campy. My back esp lower hurts like hell & my skin is soooo tender.my trigger points have flared up too. Oh and my right hand lol
Does anyone have any advice as I need to bd able to get stuff done luckily my 3year needed a nap lol
Carrie77
UKFM Member

Re: Seriously does anything work for the pain

Postby mummy2427 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:21 pm

Hiya

I too have FM and my GP has been tryin me on all sorts of stuff. He tried me on a drug called duloxetine but it made me feel very ill, he then tried me on Robaxin but all that did was send me to sleep andlike you im a mother to a 3 year old and a 6 year so i need my wits about me. The last thing he tried me on was called balcolfen which has caused me to be very ill and giving me very bad migranes :( .

Im absolutely dreadin goin to see him on 26th March cause hje has already told me before he doesnt know what else to suggest and other cant go to any other GP in my surgery as havent them dont believe in it or think paracetamol is the best painkiller around.

Maybe you could ask your GP to try one of the drugs i have mentioned above.

Good luck x :goodluck2
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Postby Mozza » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:25 pm

I was very sensitive to all the meds until i was given gabapentin which isn't as strong as pregabalin which gave me seizures!! I'm on tramadol & paracetamol and flash fighters for the sweats. The joys. Hope your doc and you find something that brings some relief. xxm
Mozza
UKFM Member

Postby mummy2427 » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:35 pm

Gadapentin is a very evil drug :evil: i was put on 3 years wheni first experienced my symptoms and it made me hallucinate very badly :-x . Im currently on co codomal, temazepam, diazepam but pain is unbearable and have been suffering very badly with migraines :( past few days
mummy2427
UKFM Member

Postby Adele » Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:49 pm

hi. i started having reflexology about a month a go. a lovely lady comes to my house once a week. the difference has been amazing and it's more than worth the £25 it costs. it took about 3 sessions to be in harmony with each other and i am feeling generally less 'ill'. i have stopped taking my morphine and need less diazepam.

i am feeling calmer and sleeping better. after being bed ridden nearly all the time for 2 years it is lovely to go out in my wheelchair for a short walk with the dog. i need a long sleep in the afternoon for 2-3 hours but i'm either awake or asleep now not somewhere in between. i am starting to feel like the person i used to be and i thought that person was gone for good.

i have to say though that i am in a lot of pain today after having my hair dyed but i know it will pass in a few days. i hope you find something that works for you. i have great respect for those of you with young children who can't take a 3 hour nap when you need it. xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby retep » Tue Mar 20, 2012 2:39 pm

So sorry to hear your'e not coping with the pain, I take dihydracodieine which stops the pain for a while, the Dr told me to take paracetamol with them when the pain is severe. Hope you sort it out soon
retep
UKFM Member

Postby fredellarby » Sun May 06, 2012 4:02 am

Be careful with long term meds.
I was on Fentanyl for a long time. While it did help, it required increased doses until it hit the point where I wasn't happy with the high dose.
It took me a year to get off it. The Dr. at my new pain clinic tried me on Butrans patches but it didn't help enough to be worth it. I also didn't want to be on steady meds if I could help it.

Now I have acetaminophen with codeine (Tylenol 3) for moderate pain and oxycontin for when it's bad. I take them as often as needed.
fredellarby
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping