[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Flaxseed oil

Flaxseed oil

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Flaxseed oil

Postby retep » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:17 pm

Has anyone tried Flaxseed oil/capsules for fybro? I read somewhere that it can help, been taking the capsules, two a day, for two weeks now so it's a bit early to tell yet, but i'm sure the pain is'nt quite so bad or is it wishful thinking? :-) anyway i'm going to keep at it and let you know how it goes.
retep
UKFM Member

Re: Flaxseed oil

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:39 pm

It will be interesting to hear how you go on with it retep. Even if it is wishful thinking, a decrease in pain levels is always something very welcome :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Whatever it is that is causing it, enjoy the reductions in your pain level :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: Remember to try and pace yourself tho, as it's so, so, so easy to feel a bit better and brighter, then stuff it up by doing too much :facepalm: :facepalm:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:42 pm

:fingerscrossed: and :goodluck1: hope you are right and your pain levels are decreasing lets know how you are doing :-D :-D :-D
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby Ldyalb » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:11 pm

I've been taking them sporadically for a little while now as they're the only Vegetarian source of full chain Omega 3 oils.

It's hard to know if they've helped, need to get back into taking them regularly! My Rheumy was obsessed that I must eat fish and eggs (despite initially going lacto-Veg on her Colleague's advice..). So I decided to get some Flaxseed Oil instead. I have to admit - I was more concerned about my heart than the Fibro but I did hope it may help the latter too. I didn't really notice much of a difference when I took them more regularly but they certainly didn't make it worse :)

I think with these things it takes a while to get them fully into your system anyway. If you do eat fish then two portions of oily fish a week is supposed to be very good for your joints. I love fish so if I still ate it I'd be all over it!
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Return to Help / Tips on Coping