[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Dogs

Dogs

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Dogs

Postby lala1626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:36 pm

The dog in the house where I work is very independentbshe does what shebwants when she wants, today she was upstairs with me ifbim in bed she willbbe in the room with me (she follows me everywhere) I started to go downstairs and she would normally runs down but she waited at the top till I was at the bottom, I turn really understand and tell her to come down and she does and stands by my side and muzzles her head into my leg (nearly cried) she must have sensed I was in pain and didn't. Want to knock me.

I know that's not a major thing but meant a lot to me as she knew to look after me.

Has anything else happened to anyone with their dog that meant a lot to them???

Lauren xxxxxxxxxxx
Be nice and smile to everyone you meet.
You don't know what they are going through.
They may need that smile,
and treasure it.

Don't ask how I am unless you really want to know the answer!
lala1626
UKFM Member

Re: Dogs

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:57 pm

What sort of doglet is she Lauren???

I'm owned by a springie girlie and she definitely knows things. She behaves very differently with me compared to OH. With him she's wanting to wrestle and roll on the floor, play footlorli and anything generally unladylike.

With me, altho we play tuggy, and I try to get on the floor with her, she's generally much more gentle.

The most peculiar thing she has done was a few months ago, when my FIL passed over. A few minutes before I had the call from OH, she had gotten all her favourite toys out of her bucket and laid them out in front of me. When she'd done that, she came and snuggled up really close to my leg and stayed there until after I'd had the call :-? :-? :-?

Not sure how they do it, but they just know that these things are happening to us :dogrun1:

If your dog doesn't like someone, then you probably shouldn't either
FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby masonsbarms » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:52 pm

hi my dog i a staff x dogdebordor (spelling ?) and he i 1 he also plays rough with hubby and son he runs past them and nips thire feet
he jumps on them if they ignore him
but with me he is gentle dogs are sometimes more understanding than some humens
i resisted for 5 years to get a dog due to loseing our last 3 dogis at a young age

but now i cant emagine life with out him xx
masonsbarms
UKFM Regular

Postby FluppyPuffy » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:06 pm

It took me 12 years to help OH realise just how much difference there would be in his life thanks to a doglet. Now she's well and truly got him wrapped around her paddy paw :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing:

Neither of us would like to be without her now......apart from when she's bogmonstered in the most rancid, smelliest putrid thing she can find :puke: :puke: :puke:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby denys » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:30 pm

If I'm in by myself Harry lies at my feet and occasionally puts his head in my lap for a stroke but when others are in he bounces everywhere :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Denys

As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
denys
UKFM Veteran

Postby lala1626 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:47 pm

hi flupp she is a black lab called jambo.

she doesnt do "lie down" or "sit" she just looks at you as if she thinks your nuts to even be telling her.

her favourite thing is them squeaky tennis balls she takes on with her when she goes for a walk.

she doesnt do "drop it" or "leave it" so you can throw it for her but when you say these things she shakes her head as if to say no your not having it.

shes a fab dog but shes not a jump on the sofa and snuggle she does her own thing. which is why i was touched when she waited at the top of the stairs.
much love
Lauren xxxxxxxxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby 2steps » Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:10 am

Thats my baby girl "sheep dog" (Positive and Fun) she is so talented but a grumpy little mare.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:28 pm

I love how jambo sounds :blowkiss: :blowkiss: We have 4 black labs living near us, and one of them sounds very much like her. Whatever she does, it has to be on her terms, and she can be a bit grumpy if it isn't :facepalm: :facepalm: Every now and again tho, she does something very unexpected, like jambo did with you. Her most recent one was when OH was outside playing car stuff. She can round to visit him and instead of having a bit of fussage and going back, she had her usual fuss, gave him a quick kiss, then went back home. It's the very first time she's done that so he was rather :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: :bear-dancing: about it :dogrun1:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:50 pm

awww its so good to hear about other dogs!! I have a rescue called Milly she is 6years old now but was 1 when i got her in fact she picked me. Milly had been thrown on the streets as a puppy with her brother and took some catching (3 months) by which time she was pregnant, she gave birth to 8 beautiful puppies 2 weeks after she came to live with me, milly was a fantastic mum despite her being so young and we found all the puppies great homes.

Once the puppies had gone we went on short walks and every day she would pick some old bone up from the street or discarded food from the street and bring it back home. Milly would drop her booty on the rug and look at me, bless her she wanted to share!!! It wasn't long before this stopped she soon realised that she would get 3 good meals a day.

I had many falls but 1 in particular was when i fell down the stairs, the next thing i knew my neighbour was looking through my letterbox apparently Milly had sat next to me to keep me warm and howled on top of her voice until help came which is what alerted my neighbour. Another time i was out with her walking down country fields and i had another fall and she did the same, but this time nobody came so she ran to the top of the field, where she alerted a man walking his dog and barked constantly at him and brought him down the field to me. I now have a pendant that i have round my neck and if i press it they call back and just on Milly's bark they send out help if i am out of range. Right now she is laid with her head on my lap she is such a tonic, don't know where i would be without her, i love her so very much and she knows it. I think we were lucky to find each other.

Milly xx :-D :-D :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby lala1626 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 8:51 pm

millymoodoo, you hav succeeded in making me cry :cry: :cry:

milly sounds amazing and dont think you could get a better dog than her!!

not much more to say as i can hardly see the screen (tissues needed)
anyway give milly a huge snuggle from me she deserves it and love to you to!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby FluppyPuffy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:36 am

Blurry screen for me as well :blowkiss: :blowkiss: Milly is another very special doglet :blowkiss: :blowkiss:

They very definitely do pick up on something that is given out, both good and not so good. I have a brother and our relationship at best struggles to pass as civil. The few times that we have all been together incl DaftDog, she has gone from person to person for belly rubs and to play, but when ever she has got to him, she has given him a wide berth. Another of those moments where she's picking up on something he's giving out :shock: :shock: :yikes: :yikes:

FluppyPuffy
SITE ADMIN

Postby lala1626 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 1:57 pm

i agree flupp jambo has a particular postman who she just flat out doesnt like, she will growl at EVERYONE and then go for a cuddle, shes a bit daft like that but she is totally harmless!! she smiles at you aswell which is dead funny because she lifts her lips on both sides and literally smiles at you but some people tak it as shes bearing her teeth at you but shes not, however this particular postman comes sometimes and she does bear her teeth at him and the difference between her smiling and bearing is obvious, he is very smarmy and a bit pervy and generally not very pleasant, so flupp your statement about dogs not liking people then you shouldnt either is very true!!!

Lauren xxxxxxx
and treasure it.

lala1626
UKFM Member

Postby stormrainbow » Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:59 pm

I have a mini dachshund my partner brought me. He is so good for me I have panic attacks and he just seems to sense when im not feeling good and will come sit with me and if I bend down for something then he wont leave me, just nudges me until I tell him its ok. He is my best friend :-) on a bad day he will spend the day sitting with me he does not care if I spend the day in my PJ's coz I can't get dressed :-)
stormrainbow
UKFM Newbie

Postby millymoodoo » Tue May 01, 2012 1:48 pm

It just goes to show how responsive our pets can be, they just seem to know when we really need them and their love is unconditional, you are right they dont care if we sit in our PJ's all day when we are too unwell to get dressed lol!!! Its almost as though we are sending vibes out to them. If i get upset Milly jumps onto the sofa with me and licks my tears until i stop and she wont leave me alone until she is satisfied i have stopped crying, just the little simple things in life never fail to make you smile!!!

Milly xxx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby tonydin » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 pm

DOGS??????????? only good for eating ?? thinking of going to korea to see if i can get a taste for them :crazy: esepesialy goldon retrivers . 8 am mon made sandwiches , phone goes its the boss put bag out of way behind bread bin ,, 2 mins i tin of tuna 6 rounds of bread ,a bannana and half the plastic bag all gone :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :-x :evil: no lunch for me

7 pm mon cooking tea 4 bits of frozen fish on bakeing tray on top of oven while it heats up phone goes 2mins back turned all gone no tea for us either :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

one sad looking dog shut out in the doghouse for the night on his own :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

now wheres that barbecue

discliamer
no animials were harmed during this production

tony
tonydin
UKFM Member

Next

Return to Help / Tips on Coping