Bloating due to Fibromyalgia

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Postby Carlaagnew » Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:26 am

Hi there

I'm new here. I was wanting to know does anyone have any tips on getting rid of a bloated stomach caused by medication??

I start of in the morning with my trousers loose and falling down and by the end of the day my trousers r lucky to button they are skin tight and painful!

I'm running out of suggestions please help! Xo
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Re: Bloating due to Fibromyalgia

Postby Adele » Sat Apr 28, 2012 12:13 pm

hi. bloating is most likely caused by lack of movement as well as meds, so i think most of us suffer to a degree. eat small meals through out the day and eat slowly. your doctor can prescribe a medication to take regularly to reduce stomach acid such as omeprazole.

your meds are also slowing your digestive tract down. i don't take laxatives unless i'm desperate and instead i eat lots fruit and veg and other high fiber foods. drink a lot of water, i always have a pint glass within reach.

i also swear by probiotics. my local health food store sell live capsules that need to be kept in the fridge, well worth the money. lastly cut out refined carbs such as white bread and sugar.

a food diary will give you an idea of what is causing your problem. you may find that fruit is your enemy as the sugar in it feeds the 'bad bacteria' in your gut making you bloat and vegetables such as beans, broccoli, cauliflower and cabbage are also known to cause bloating in some people.

drinking peppermint tea helps as well as cutting down on salt, caffeine and alcohol. good luck and see your GP if it persists xx
Adele
UKFM Member

Postby millymoodoo » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:00 pm

Hi

I get dreadful bloating as i also suffer with crohn's disease and i eat peppermint gum it works a treat!! I have even got my 75 year old dad eating it following bowel cancer and he swears by it now!!! Worth a try!!

Milly xx :-D
Never look down on anyone unless you are helping them get up!!! When life hands you lemons, make lemonade!!! Everyday is a gift which is why we call it the present
millymoodoo
UKFM Member

Postby Carlaagnew » Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:52 pm

I must try these suggestions anything is worth a try!!! Thanks all of you. It's just the bloating gets so uncomfortable and sore. Xo
Carlaagnew
UKFM Member

Postby mand » Sat May 05, 2012 10:20 pm

Hi, i have problems with bloating... i came accross pepermint oil from holland and barrett extra strentgh x2 200mgs, i take them at dinner/ tea time as you cannot take with stomach meds (am), they help with the bloating, i have IBS........ i got them in the 1/2 price sale have a look when on offer, they do help me, my daughter has them when her tums playing up.............hope your tum settles down, it drove me to distraction with the pain some days...........mandy
mand
UKFM Member

Postby difly » Sat May 05, 2012 10:25 pm

Hi I drink boiled water with a slice of ginger this seems to work for me I know what you mean tho good luck
difly
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping