[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - Nausea

Nausea

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

Nausea

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:07 pm

Hi all,

I hope everyone is feeling well.

I have had nausea on and off now for a week. It seems to come on after eating or drinking, and can last for a few hours. I was actually sick last Thursday, not much as I had only had a few sips of tea. But I am starting to worry a bit now. I am not taking any other meds, haven't increased or decreased meds etc. I have been quite stiff and sore in the past few week and I am really struggling with one side of my body in particular. I have the usual nausea feeling, with the salivating. But also have an acidy burn in the back of my throat down to the v of my ribs.

Does anyone else get bouts of nausea? I am due on this week which usually makes me feel sicky, bloated and sometimes more sore, but this seems worse.

I guess it could be a bug, but we never know if we have something else or if it is just fibro!

Thanks,

Jem x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Re: Nausea

Postby shazq » Tue May 08, 2012 3:27 pm

Hi
It might be acid reflux? i used to feel like that after eating, i have to take Omeprazole every day which has helped to settle it.
Go to see your GP and explain what is happening as it can be controlled with meds if it is this?? even if its not you should still seek advice from your Gp to see why this is happening.
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby JemmaB88 » Tue May 08, 2012 3:42 pm

Thanks Shazq. I think I will go see the doc again. It could be underlying worry causeing acid reflux. I suffer terribly with IBS so it could be coming up the other way too!

The OH had his pre op today and I think I am probably being brave on the face of it but beneath the mask I am worried about his recovery.

:(

Thanks again.

x
JemmaB88
UKFM Member

Postby Dookie » Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:57 pm

I get nausea and dizzyness and sometimes full blown vertigo (really horrible) since developing fibromyalgia, and my doc gives me Cinnarizine tablets for it, they work really well. I think they are just travel sickness tablets (the same type as Stugeron).
Dookie
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping