[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4782: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4783: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4784: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3898)
The UKFibromyalgia Forums • View topic - how to get a blue badge

how to get a blue badge

Any tips on what helps you including alternative medicine.

Moderators: perseus, *Lisa*, FluppyPuffy

how to get a blue badge

Postby lizziejayne » Sun May 13, 2012 12:04 pm

hello
can you help please
my husbands suffers badly with this condition, and i wondered if he would be eligible for the blue badge, he s got the form, but what does he have to write down on the form re his condtion so he can get a badge many thanks
lizziejayne
UKFM Newbie

Re: how to get a blue badge

Postby 2steps » Sun May 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Hi,
I got mine this week put down all co-morbid conditions, how walking impacts on how much energy or pain you will suffer later on. I never realised how short of breath I got when walking till I filmed my dog on my ipod and realised it was me that was puffing and panting not the dog.
Even stuff like bursitis, painful feet, osteoarthritis.
The only thing I was told was that if I applied again in three years time I would probably have to have a medical.

2steps
2steps
UKFM Member

Postby Ldyalb » Sun May 13, 2012 1:18 pm

I would google 'help with blue badge form'. I imagine some people will have posted guides online, you may also find that some charities for medical conditions which can affect mobility may also have their own guide. I know there's an ME charity somewhere which has guides to filling in ESA and DLA forms so hopefully there'll be a charity somewhere which has done the same for BB applications. Good luck, hope your hubby gets one :fingerscrossed:
'Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy' - Anne Frank

TMJ, RLS, HMS, Fibro, Dyspraxia - ASD + Dyscalculia overlap, Eczema + Rosacea + suspected Psoriatic Arthritis.

Being an Adult is nothing like it said in the brochure...!
Ldyalb
UKFM Regular

Postby shazq » Sun May 13, 2012 5:34 pm

Hi
If your hubby is on high rate DLA you can apply for a blue badge however some councils will issue you with a blue badge without DLA.

When filling in the form put as much info down about how fibro affects your hubbys mobility, explain how far he can walk, whether he has to use any aids. How tired he gets.
You could also ask your Gp to write you a letter backing this up. :goodluck1:
As a Public Moderator of this forum my opinions/views expressed are personal and are no more valid than those of other members and not necessarily those of UKFibromyalgia.
shazq
UKFM Veteran

Postby lolabolla » Sun May 13, 2012 6:32 pm

I applied for mine when I was awarded HRM DLA, it only took a couple of days from completing the form.

Lola xx
lolabolla
UKFM Member

Postby Flora1966 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:58 pm

I got mine in 2005 as im on high rate of Dla...I had to pay £10 this time to renew it....Have never paid before...

Jules x
Flora1966
UKFM Member

Postby animalhouse » Tue May 22, 2012 4:36 am

no dla for me but got blue badge with all my walking/hand pains.

good luck :-)
animalhouse
UKFM Regular

how to get a blue badge

Postby toplessbug » Thu May 24, 2012 5:46 am

toplessbug
UKFM Member

Return to Help / Tips on Coping